Tax is not getting added to the product price

Abhi_HFN
5 0 0

Hi everyone,

I am entering the product price in the products without tax. In the tax settings, I have added 18% in the country tax field.

But the taxes are not getting added in the product price.

Do I need to enter the product price inclusive of tax?

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
877 83 116

Hey, @Abhi_HFN.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

There's two areas in the admin to look into for taxes, so it's difficult to determine which one needs to be adjusted for your store without looking into your account. However, I'll include screenshots to best assist you in checking your product attributes and tax settings. The first thing is to ensure that your products are set up with 'Charge taxes on this product', this can be found in the Pricing section of each product. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

10-58-7btpp-0teyi

If your products are set up to charge taxes, then the next area to check is under your Tax settings (Settings > Taxes). Under the Tax calculations, there's a function to 'Show all prices with tax included '. You'll want to make sure this function is unchecked or the tax is accounted for in the price of the products. Typically, this function is common for stores that need to include the tax with their listing price (eg. European VAT). Here's a screenshot of what this function looks like:

10-51-qob7i-sapux

I hope this helps resolve the issue. If you run into any roadblocks or if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes