Tax not applied? HELP!!!

Solved
Dutchiemixed
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi there, 

Our taxes (BTW in dutch) are not applied. Because of this we need to go through every bill manually and include taxes.... HELP!!!!!!

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-03 om 21.26.17.png

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
905 99 205

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Dutchiemixed 

Thanks for reaching out! I can definitely understand how taxes and when they should/shouldn't be applied to one of your customer's orders can be confusing. With that said, before you tweak your tax settings I would familiarize yourself with the tax laws in the Netherlands to determine when you should charge taxes and when taxes should not be applied.

I am not a tax professional so I cannot provide specific advice so I would recommend getting in touch with a local tax professional. But for example sake you may find that all orders that are being shipped to countries in the EU are required to charge tax but an order outside of the EU does not. We do have some useful information on setting up EU Taxes that I think is suitable for your situation.

Once you have this information, you can go within your tax settings in Shopify (Admin --> Settings --> Taxes). We have a step-by-step guide here on configuring your store taxes. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Dutchiemixed
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks for the quick reaction! Indeed that was the issue. 

Cheers!

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
905 99 205

Happy to hear that resolved it @Dutchiemixed

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes