Tax settings

Highlighted
2 0 0

Our business is based in Australia where most products require a 10% tax or gst. We sell a number of hampers with multiple products in them some with and without gst. We would like to be able manually input the gst with a dollar value on the product page or similar rather than the default 10% rate that shopify allows. If anyone has any experience with something like this or would be able to build something any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9965 84 1469

Are you sure that once the various items are in the hamper that the platter guidelines don't kick in? If it did, then the hamper would incur tax regardless of what items may or may not be taxable. I'd get that looked into.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2177 137 291

Hi @tgo,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question!

I looked into this for you on the Shopify tax side of things to see if it was possible to do. This isn't something which taxes are meant for in terms of being able to add custom GST tax amounts for Australia. It would be only the 10% default tax rate which you touched on. You can see where the Shopify help documents highlight this here and in the image below:

19-54-aydj4-mh50i

I will, however, bring this to the attention of our development team to look into for future consideration. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes