Tax that located in Sweden,

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 4

Hi everyone,

I am trying to learn everything about the tax and custom, and I learned already a lot here in Sweden.. 

But I have some Questions about hiring a taxation :

Should I hire someone to help me with tax and customs setting?

How much is the cost to hire?

Is it better to hire one from the Shopify? Or it's better to hire from Sweden?

I don't have a VAT number yet, and if I begin to sell, is it a problem in the future? 

Best Regards, 

SkyClothify 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
516 48 135

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @SkyClothify,

Thanks for reaching out with your questions. I'll answer them in a bulleted form below:

• You don't need to hire someone to help with this, but ultimately it is your choice—a tax professional will be able to confirm your tax obligations and provide you with peace of mind when it comes to ensuring you are collecting and remitting taxes correctly. However, there is plenty of information available online that you can make use of to better understand your responsibilities.
  • Costs can vary depending on who you hire and for what services. This isn't something I can attribute an accurate price to.
  • You can check out our Experts portal and view those who offer sales tax guidance. It doesn't seem there are any specifically based in Sweden, however, so seeking out a local consultant may be a better option for you.
  • No, you do not need a VAT number to start selling on Shopify, but you will need to specify in the Shopify admin that you do not have one. You can read more about managing EU taxes within Shopify here. As you are based in Sweden, I would recommend looking into the requirements for registering for VAT in the country and when you need to do it. In some cases it may be beneficial for you to do this even if it is not required for your business, but this can vary.

I hope this has helped, but please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 4

Hi @Victor !

Thx a lot for the information, I begin with registering a company yesterday, and hope soon I'll get the VAT number and put it in shopify

I will read more about managing EU taxes within Shopify with the link you provid

Best Regards,

Skyclothify 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
516 48 135

Hi @SkyClothify,

Sounds good! Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes