Taxes Im so confused lpease help

Highlighted
Tourist
60 0 1

Ok so I want to start my store however I have to deal with this subject that I have absolutely no idea about.  Even though I am a us citizen, I am not liviing in the US so when I go to pay my taxes do I have to consider state and local taxes of whatever us state my business is registered in?  Or is it just a one lump sum tax percentage that I have to worry about..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 2

Hey Rich! I recommend watching TaxJar's Sales Tax Bootcamp for Shopify Sellers or reading TaxJar's Sales Tax Guide for Shopify Sellers. Both are free and will get you moving in the right direction. Good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 2

Hey Rich! I recommend watching TaxJar's Sales Tax Bootcamp for Shopify Sellers or reading TaxJar's Sales Tax Guide for Shopify Sellers. Both are free and will get you moving in the right direction. Good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 97

Hey, Rich!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

You may be responsible for collecting taxes, depending on where your business is based - that's due to nexus, you can find out a little more about that right over here.  We're not tax experts ourselves, though, and would hate to give you inaccurate advice - your best bet to find out what you should be charging, and what you're responsible for remitting, is to reach out to an independent tax expert.  

Once you know what you're obliged to charge your customers, you can then make the necessary changes in your Shopify admin - we've a guide on the changes you can make right over here!  

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time.  We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes