Taxes computed not added to total

arnetha10
4 0 0

Help!! I just on my online business and having a few problems. The taxes are not showing up when customers checkout. The taxes are computed but not adding to total. Also my prices are not showing up until checkout also,

thanks

Replies 6 (6)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@arnetha10 

If you go to Settings/Taxes, do you have "All prices include tax" enabled? Could you share a screenshot that shows what you're seeing for both the taxes and pricing issue? 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

arnetha10
4 0 0

592B1323-4F1A-49F2-8A2C-9F8F1D75B793.jpeg

arnetha10
4 0 0

And also yes I have “all prices include tax” enabled.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@arnetha10 

Thanks! What you're seeing is normal behaviour. If you have "All prices include tax" then the tax will not appear at checkout as it is assumed the cost of the product(s) already contains tax. What you see on the backend indicates how much tax is applicable for the order. 

If you want to charge taxes separately, then you will want to disable the "all prices include tax" option. 

arnetha10
4 0 0

Hi. So I disabled “all prices include taxes” when I create a customers order the taxes add to the price but when I add the customers information it goes away. 

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@arnetha10 

Your store may not be set up to charge taxes for specific states or countries. You'll need to review your tax settings in Settings/Taxes to see which regions you charge tax for. If your customers' region does not match the regions you charge tax for then that would explain why taxes do not appear.