Taxes (with Printful)

salromano
1 0 1

Hello, everyone.

I'm selling t-shirts through Printful. They are my only product. I set up my shipping to match Printful's (not automatically, I had to manipulate it based on weight as I do not have the Shopify plan that lets me override its Shipping settings with Printful's), but I'm confused about taxes. For the U.S., I assume there's nothing I need to worry about, as Shopify has already set up to automatically calculate U.S. taxes in Shopify's settings. As for Europe, on the other hand, what I ended up doing was adding every country to the list in "Rest of the World" shipping zone, so I can then go into each European nation's tax settings and change it to 21% since Prinful has a headquarters in Latvia and that's their VAT tax (except the UK, where they are registered, which I changed to 20%). Did I do that correctly? Is there more to worry about / that I need to do regarding taxes before launching? Do I need to do anything for other countries that might order from my store, like Asia?

Thanks!

Ann
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 88

Hey there, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

Tax rules will differ all over the world, they can depend on where you are shipping to, what you are selling, and where your products are coming from. That said, I'm afraid we don't have any exact guide that can help answer your questions, however, this page in our Shopify Manual might help. Additionally, I found these resources from Printful that might also give you a better idea of what you need to do. 

However, at the end of the day, I would highly recommend speaking with a local tax expert. They will be able to asses your business and give you the exact advice you need so that once tax season comes along, you have everything in order. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes