Texes "not collecting"

Solved
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello, i messed up my shipping rates and zones but i manages to fix them(i think) but after that when i went to "taxes" i had a yellow warning which said that not all countries are taxed, i pressed the button and ticked all those countries and the yellow message left

still all of the counties in europe and rest of the world have the "not collecting" except for the country i live

is it supposed to be like that? or i did something wrong?

TAXES PIC.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
533 58 86

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @b1l4r4s!

Helen here from Shopify Support. You did everything right!  Seeing that you are not collecting taxes in a specific country after including it in your shipping settings, is normal behaviour. Let me explain this further. 

Shopify links Shipping and Taxes together because if you are shipping somewhere, you might have a tax obligation there. Therefore, when you create a shipping profile, the corresponding countries within that profile are automatically added to ‘Settings > Taxes’ in your Shopify admin. 

However, taxes won’t be charged in those countries unless you set them up to do so. If you determine that you need to collect taxes for a country that you are shipping to, please click on the ‘Set Up’ button as seen in the example below:

17-01-qlix6-xwj19

From within the next screen you can either enter the tax rate that you would like to collect, or use the default rate that is built in. It looks like this:

17-17-mc5o1-l26s2

When using the default option for countries other than Canada and the USA, Shopify applies the correct rate at the time you set up your taxes. Keep in mind though, that it is not automatically updated if the rate changes.  You can read more about setting up taxes outside of Canada and the USA in our Help Doc here.

If you are unsure about your tax obligations within a certain country, and/or the tax rates to use, please contact a tax professional in your area who will be able to advise you further.

Hope this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes