UK (and more than likely EU) VAT receipts - a legal requirement

Andrew_Roberts
Shopify Partner
5 0 3

Hi, have found a few previous posts on the subject from years ago, and Shopify support teams have stated they cannot (will not) amend the web templates.

How does anyone in the UK/EU satisfy legal requirements with regards to VAT receipts?

https://www.gov.uk/vat-record-keeping/vat-invoices

Are all UK/EU shopify customers trading illegally?

Advice desperately sought if anyone has a work around.

Best wishes,

Andrew

0 Likes
Dave_E
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 18

Hey Andrew! 

Dave here from  the Guru Team :) 

For working with EU and UK regulations for VAT and keeping invoices to comply this would fall into the realm of accounting, of which there are certainly integrations available to assist with compliance. I recommend taking a look at: 

These will all assist with your VAT compliance. I hope this helps! 

All the Best, 
Dave | Shopify

0 Likes
Kraken42
Explorer
258 0 23

Why would you do that in Shopify? Lot of work when your accounting system should already be doing it and its easy to export the data.

0 Likes
Andrew_Roberts
Shopify Partner
5 0 3

Thanks both for your responses. I am not sure you fully understand my request for information.

I am not talking about accounting for VAT - but for the detail that is legally required on any comms/publication of purchases that include VAT.

The purchase takes place with Shopify accounts - surely the receipt of that payment comes from Shopify?

Andrew

ColinYoi
3 0 0

Like Andrew I need a Tax receipt for my customers.  

I like Andrew need a Receipt that shows my company Vat number on the receipt. Plus the ability to send a copy to a customer simply without fuss. This really should be a simple thing to do!

I have looked for an App that addresses this but not found anything -  does anyone else  have an idea or the coding to add it into a receipt?  Colin

0 Likes
Leticia1
3 0 0

Hi Colin, 

We can help with that in Quaderno. We have developed an integration with Shopify that allows you to send automatic invoices with your VAT Number. 

Have a look and let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help! 

https://apps.shopify.com/quaderno 

Best Regards. 
Leticia 

0 Likes
Rossel
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hi Everyone,

The apps available in the app store are meant to help as many people as possible, but sometimes, you need something specific to your industry, business, or store.

We have an entire team dedicated to providing integration services for Shopify. No matter how large or small a project, we can most likely build it.

Zilverback also offers an integration service between Fortnox and Shopify.

Order transactions from your Shopify web shop can be transferred as invoices to Fortnox. Likewise, order payments can be transferred as invoice payments in Fortnox.

Whether you have Paypal or any other card payment gateways like Stripe and Braintree, the integration can handle it. Paypal charge, for example, will be reported as Write-Off in Fortnox.

Rest assured your all in good hands. http://www.zilverback.com

Rossel

0 Likes
Sprockies
1 0 0

Hi Colin

Did you ever find a solution to this, i dont know why shopify cant provide it on the invoice receipts when they have our Vat number inputted into our details

0 Likes
Sufio
Shopify Partner
101 1 37

Hi there!

Sufio allows you to capture and validate EU VAT registration numbers from your business customers and, when applicable, automatically set them as tax-exempt. Of course, the VAT registration number will be displayed on the invoices.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at support@sufio.com, we will be happy to help!

Good luck,

Lenka from Sufio Team 

0 Likes