Unit Cost

Highlighted
1 0 0

I hope this is the right forum for this question. But is there a way to put in the unit cost (wholesale) for items?

obviously i would not want the viewer to see that cost, but just the retail price.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3998 14 321

I use an App I made for that. You store the cost/unit price with each variant. This allows you to calculate a profit margin on all your sales. I record the sales and do this for merchants. They can then pay out a percentage to their affiliates or people on commission. 

I provide the merchant with a spreadsheet to manage the cost/unit prices too, so that it is easy to bulk upload the pricing. Otherwise, it is a major PITA to keep that updated.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 4

Hey Bill, have you made this app available to the community, or is there a way that we can discuss setting up something similar?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3998 14 321

Hi,

It is live. It is called Transparent Kitty

That App is very sophisticated. The cost price analysis and reporting is a key part of it, but it could also be abstracted out and made into a smaller self contained App.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 4

Yes, I see. Transparent Kitty is not exactly what we are looking to do, but the cost vs sales analysis is there, like you said.

We are also looking for a simple way to manage vendor contacts, POs and inventory to go along with this reporting.

Do you have any interest in discussing further to get our needs and possible develop and app that can help us?

If so, you can contact me at greg@gohuskers.com and I can send some more detailed requirements.

Thanks Bill!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
78 0 5

Hi Greg & Bill,

Have you checked out Stitch Labs? With Stitch, you can manage vendor contacts, POs, and inventory as well as reporting -- from unit cost to sales by zip code or by channel (e.g. Shopify vs. wholesale). Specifically, you can input the unit prices so that you can run cost/profit analysis.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Bridge

Shopify Inventory Management www.StitchLabs.com
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3998 14 321

Both Stitch Labs Apps and the Kitty handle unit prices. The main difference between the two Apps is that the Kitty provides secure "per Vendor" access to the reporting and inventory management. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
78 0 5

To confirm, Stitch allows for sellers to manage unit cost, supplier cost, as well as price, on a per variant level.

Additionally, the ability to create pricing tiers for items and bulk apply these. For example, you may want to have one wholesale price for a particular retailer, another wholesale price for all other retailers, and a price for consumers on your Shopify store.

You are also able to add multiple users to the account, each with varying permissions levels. In this fashion, you can give no, read, or write permissions on a per-user basis for each different functionality within Stitch if you wish to open access to vendors/suppliers, your sales team, or different members within your own team.

- Bridge

Shopify Inventory Management www.StitchLabs.com
0 Likes