VAT Registration No needs to be shown on invoices, but how?

Nicholas_Mayne2
2 0 0

In the UK, if you are VAT registered then any bills/invoiced should have the VAT Reg No on it. If you are printing the invoice straight from the shopify orders screen, these details are not shown.

From what I understand, this is a legal requirement on invoices. Any ideas on how these details could be added as a standard part of the layout?

0 Likes
Jami
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
209 1 26

Hi Nicholas, 

Jamie here from Shopify. There are a few ways in which VAT numbers can be added to your Shopify invoices:

1. Shopify sends an order confirmation to your customers immediately after they place an order. If you would like your VAT number to be included in this email you can customize your email template and the VAT number as you see fit. This Shopify Doc goes over how to customize your email templates. 

2. Printing directly from the orders screen may be functional for some but you can take greater control over what is printing using your our Order Printer App. With this app you can make templates for whatever your need, including invoicing, and include any relevant information and styling. Similar to the email template you can add your VAT number where you see fit. 

3. If you are VAT registered and would like your VAT number to show up on your monthly subscription nvoices from Shopify you can do so by adding your VAT number into your contact details in your admin > settings. The address field seems to be a popular spot. 

I hope that gets you heading in the right direction! 

0 Likes
Nicholas_Mayne2
2 0 0

I will have a look at these and come back. People need to be aware that official Invoices MUST show your name/company and address, and if you are VAT Registered, your VAT Number.

I have found Invoice4Shopify App which looks good so far.....

0 Likes
Ideatags
Shopify Partner
28 0 15

Hi Nicholas,

You should also check out the Shopify invoicing app Sufio

Their app allows to create invoices that include both VAT number of your company and those of your customers.

More details can be found here:
http://sufio.com/articles/shopify/create-invoices-from-orders/business-customers/

Hope this helps,
Jeff

We turn ideas into apps. | www.idea-tags.com
0 Likes