VAT Relief for UK Disabled Customers on a per Customer and Product Basis

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

We're looking to move to Shopify for our new website but we've got 1 major issue that we can't seem to find a solution for on the Shopify Platform.

In the UK if you’re disabled or have a long-term illness, you will not be charged VAT on products designed or adapted for your own personal or domestic use. We have such products on our current eCommerce storefront and we can remove the VAT from the checkout if the customer gives a reason as to why they shouldn't have to pay VAT on the specific products that are flagged as such.

Now, I have seen various posts on the forums and looked at various apps but nobody seems to be able to come up with a good solution for this major issue. We need to be able to remove VAT for specific customers on specific products if they match the criteria for VAT relief. I don't see a way of removing VAT for specific products for specific customers from anything that I have found so any help would be appreciated.

I've also seen that there doesn't seem to be a way to do this if you are a guest user on the site too, is there anything that would be able to apply VAT relief for any guest customers?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

0 Likes