VAT exempt

1 0 0

I have trawled the forums and cannot see a solution to this. We have several disabled customers who can claim Vat Exemption on most products. Now i can tick them as tax exempt when they have registered so thats one part of the problem solved, however we have a few products which are not eligible for vat exemption. If they are marked tax exempt they get exemption on every product, so there is the dilemma, they should be paying VAT on a few products. It appears you cannot mark certain products as not eligible for vat exemption and overrides will not work, if a customer is tax exempt then that seems to be rigid.

The other thing is , is it possible somehow for a customer to fill the registration form in and tick a checkbox saying tax exempt, and this passes the result to the admin section? I can do this with "accepts marketing" by creating the field in the registration form and it seems to pass this okay to the admin customer section but when i try the same code with "tax exempt" it does not work

I realise Sufio solves some of these issues but we are just starting out and cannot justify the monthly fee for just one part of what Sufio offers. It seems this is a popular problem which Shopify is falling short on. Does anyone have a solution?

thanks

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi there. I just posted my own topic which relates to this then I read yours:- 

https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/accounting-and-taxes/t/vat-relief-for-uk-customers-prices-displayed-...

Did you find an answer to your questions?

It seems you may be a bit further along in the process than I am. Could you give me a few pointers on how you've set things up in your store? 

Kind regards.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2495 171 376

Hi everyone, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

I saw Hair Flair ask this and responded to them in the post here. It discusses and goes through the workaround for applying a tax override/ exemption specifically for VAT in this case. 

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask should any of you have any other questions about anything. 

All the best, 

Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Nick,

This doesn't work unfortunately. 

Has anyone else got a solution for this?

Ben

0 Likes
Explorer
66 6 5

Hi, I find this guide on the topic of Shopify tax-exempt customers on Avada's website. 

https://avada.io/shopify/docs/how-set-up-tax-exempt-customers-shopify.html

I hope it helps!

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes