VAT in PLN

Highlighted
1 0 0

I sell products in EUR, but I am registered in Poland and according to Polish law, I need to include VAT in PLN. It would be perfect to also (or at least) add EUR to PLN exchange rate from the sales day. Is it possible?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2397 163 352

Hi @marcinmoskala,

Nick here from Shopify. 

If you need to show VAT for legal purposes in your store, you can do it, but it will involve a little bit of code. Shopify has a tutorial on how to make the code edits to add VAT which you can see here. Something to note is that this tutorial isn't supported by Shopify, if coding isn't something you are comfortable with, I would recommend to reach out to a Shopify Expert for assistance to set it up. You can see the Shopify Expert directory from here

When you say:

It would be perfect to also (or at least) add EUR to PLN exchange rate from the sales day. Is it possible?

Do you mean to have both prices displayed or for the price to change when someone from a specific country looks at the product? Can I ask what theme you are using? Many themes have this feature installed but some might not also. In that case, your best bet would be to use an app from the Shopify App Store. You can find some of the most popular currency conversion apps below: 

Hopefully, this can do what you need it to. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes