VAT included / excluded

Highlighted
2 0 0

Is there an option with which we can have the prices on our website include with the VAT but on the print order the overall price is split up in the product price and the VA taxes?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 125

Hi, Alyssia!

This is May from Shopify.

Yes, there is! To include VAT in your product, you will need to change your taxes settings. Below are the steps on how you can achieve this:

1. From your admin, go into your ‘Settings > Taxes’.

2. Under ‘Tax Settings’, check the box ‘All taxes are included in my prices’.

3. Click ‘Save’.

Once you save the setting, your product prices will include VAT, and below is what your print order will look like:

From the image above, you will see that the price of the t-shirt for $8.20 includes taxes, and it also shows the tax breakdown.

Let me know if this helps. Feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello May!

Thank you for your reply! :)

We had this setting already the way you explain it here. The problem however is, that on the printed order, the customer can't see how the price was put together.

There it says VAT: 0.-

How can we change that?

Kind regards,

Alyssia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 125

Hi again, Alyssia!

Thank you for clarifying. That is quite strange. If you haven’t already, please check if your tax setting is set up properly.

1. From your admin, go to ‘Settings > Taxes’.

2. Under ‘Tax Rates’, please check to ensure that you are charging taxes.

3. Click ‘Save’ if you make any changes.

After you check your tax settings, you might also want to see if you are charging taxes on your products.

1. From admin, you’ll want to go to ‘Products’.

2. Select all products by clicking on the checkbox below ‘Filter’.

3. Click ‘Edit products’.

4. It will then take you to another page to bulk edit your products. To see if you charge taxes on your products,  you’ll need to click on ‘Add fields’, and under ‘Pricing’ select ‘Charge taxes’.

5. On your ‘Charge taxes’ column, ensure that the boxes are checked if you want to charge taxes on your products.

After you’ve check these settings, you and your customers should be able to see the taxes/VAT breakdown in the invoice.

Let me know if you still have any troubles with this. You can reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes