Vat removal in EU

9 0 0

Hi.

I know this topic has been covered over and over again but I am hoping someone can help.

As a UK seller i have to include vat in all the prices on my site by law. I need the vat removed at the checkout for customers outside the EU. I have seen the solution for having two prices and the code to change the liquid. 

The code is for the minimal theme and i use Editions theme. When i have gone to change the theme it is written differently. I contacted pixel union to try and get help changing the theme. They supposedly followed the instructions and changed it but it didnt work. 

Has any one changed this on editions theme? I dont understand why they couldnt do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
12 0 1

Hi James!

My name is Erin and I am a Guru here at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

I would be happy to give you a hand with getting your VAT taxes all set up. When it comes to setting up your taxes so your EU customers are charged VAT, but all other countries are not, you will just need to create a tax override in your  Store Admin :)

I have gone ahead and included a document which will walk you through getting this all set up here

Have a great day!

Erin
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi Erin.

Thanks for the reply. I'v had a quick look at the info you sent over. I noticed its for digital vat. Will this fix apply to me as i am a clothing store. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
12 0 1

Hi James!

It absolutely would work. You would just need to create the collection with your clothing rather than the digital goods. Here is a document about tax overrides and exemptions.

Erin
Shopify Guru

0 Likes