Year end shopify payments, shipping total, taxes collected, summary for taxes?

Highlighted
3 0 0

I tried to ask a "guru" but....that was my worst guru interaction yet.

Paypal gives me a very neat year end report, click the link all info needed for the accountant. I can't find anything in shopify other that downloading multiple reports and trying to compile them into one cohesive/comprehensive report for my accountant. 

Any ideas?

I use quickbooks online which doesn't support shopify, you need desktop apparantly.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 119

Isn't what you're looking for the finance reports?

https://www.shopify.com/admin/finances

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 4

Unfortunately, the reports doesn't seem to include the cost of shipping paid through Shopify, nor the credit card fees charged by Shopify for using Shopify's card merchant service.

The shipping totals are what you charge the customers, not what you paid for the shipping.

Without those reports, we'd have to go through each invoice and tally them all up.

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Clement, that "report" almost got me. I called them about that becuase of how deceptive it is. I never look at it anymore those numbers are very useless.

I ended up with 2 reports from shopify. Payments report shows shopify card processesing fees and refunds, total in to shopify payments and out to me. The other report is statement of charges, which shows everything else, for me it is monthly fee and shipping charges.

Of course you still need the reports from your other credit card processing companies. Of them Paypal is the best, a nice one page summary of you're yearly transactions. Amazon requires a firefox plugin to download more than 1 week at a time, and in that report it almost has to much information. You can't sum a column to get your income, I actually had to go through and sum each individual transaction. I called amazon and they acknowledged the system they use is flawed and assured me a new one is coming.

I summary...they all need to generate a 1099 like year end summary (like paypal does) even for those whom don't make the $20k mark. They don't need to submit it but a simple 1099 is all we care about why not give it to us.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 119

I see. I'd love to build an automated way to consolidate this data and build a report...

Where do you see the card processing fees in the payment reports?

When you say "shipping charges", do you mean the shipping labels sold by Shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

When you export the report the data is there. 6th column titled "fees". Pretty sure there is a paid plugin that does it but that should not require extra money in my opinion.

Yes shipping labels I bought through shopify. 

Spell check would be nice in the forums as well...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 4

Which report do I need to export to see the fees? I exported "sales", "shipping, "payments" "payments by type" for Shopify Payments to CSV and none has a "fees" column in the spreadsheet.

I mostly just need the Shopify card processing fees now though postal fees bought through Shopify would be nice to have for next year.

Thanks.

1 Like