need help!

Highlighted
1 0 0

im wanting to make a website and dont have a tax id but want to acept credit cards. The person im chating with said i dont need a tax id that shopify can process credit cards is that correct also said i dont need tax id!?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
329 0 35

Hello Makayla,

We don't require this for you to open a website, but almost all governments will require you to have this. The penalty is usually quite severe, so it is a requirement eventually. In most cases registration is free, or only required after a minimum of sales.

So it depends where you are, but you can sign up with Shopify and we will ask for the correct information along the way.

In the US you require an EIN with the Shopify Payments gateway and you can sign up for both the gateway and the EIN freely.

You can also accept payments with other gateways on Shopify, and they will then require the information from you, but that would be along their terms.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

If you are a Drop Shipper and you need help With EBAY Fees and PAy Pay and Taxes Fees and dont know what to price the item Please get with me I have what everyone needs to get rid of a headache!!

0 Likes