reports for bookkeeper?

Highlighted
2 0 1

I am wondering which reports to give my bookkeeper?  Should I email the reports?  Or should I give them access to Shopify so they can find the reports they need?  What do you folks do?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 19

Hey, Carol. 

Leon here from Shopify Support.

If you're unsure which reports you should be giving to your bookkeeper you can provide them with a staff account that restricts access to access only the reports. The staff account would prevent them from accessing areas of your store that you're not comfortable, or they simply do not require access, such as the store theme settings. 

The step by step guide on how to create a staff account can be found on this page

All the best! 

Leon 

0 Likes
2 0 1

Thanks!  I'll look into doing this.

1 Like
3 0 0

Bookkeeping is the recording of financial transactions, and is part of the process of accounting in business. Transactions include purchases, sales, receipts, and payments by an individual person or an organization/corporation. 

:)
0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi, 

I am from Zilverback, We built custom integration, automating your bookkeeping processes so you can focus on other things. 

Our integration collects data from your payment gateways and booking your orders as paid to your accounting system.

If you want to know more you can visit our site www.zilverback.com.

1 Like
Tourist
78 0 1

Hi Carol,

I'm John from Data Export, a automated reporting application for Shopify.

You can try Data Export if you prefer not to give staff access to your book keeper.

Many merchants use our application to create the report format that their bookeeper needs. Then the reports are automatically sent by email or to a google sheet every hour, day, week or month.

Reports like order, refunds, inventory, billing, and many more can be created.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Data Export is rated by Shopify Sellers as the best and cost-effective reporting application on Shopify.
0 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks for sharing this information. Are you looking for a bookkeeper in Bunbury to manage your own accounts? Let Account On Me Bookkeeping Service work with you using Xero or MYOB accounting packages to manage your general bookkeeping, payroll or GST, and BAS reporting.

We work with local small business owners in the South West to handle their cash flow issues, lack of systems or problems keeping up to date with their bookkeeping by setting up and monitoring a budget, systems, and procedures and help schedule regular processing schedules. http://www.accountonmebookkeeping.com.au/
0 Likes
3 0 0

Can someone please help me to understand how I am supposed to get all of the information that we need in one place for acounting purposes?  I do not see any reports that at least have what we paid for the shipping label (we print lables through shopify) and the order # in one place.  This is essential information for us and it seems like I'm supposed to go through every order to see what the cost of the shipping label was and we really do too much volume to do that.  This is an incredible hassle and downfall for us regarding using the shopify platform.  I'm wondering how other people handle this.  And in actuality we really need one report that has all the info in one place.  Money in, money out.  The other missing piece is the shopify fees.  I cant get everythign in one report.  But most importantly is the shipping label cost.  Can anyone please shed any light on this.  I think I've talked to shopify about 5 times if not more about this.  This is a very basic accounting must, I would think.  Please please help. 

0 Likes
Tourist
78 0 1

Hi Mkm,

It is possible to report Shipping label cost for each order using Data Export.

You can install a trial and test the reports. We can also create the report you need for free.

You can contact me at john@dayspinglabs.com if you have any questions.

Thanks!!

Data Export is rated by Shopify Sellers as the best and cost-effective reporting application on Shopify.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1495 54 167

Hi Mkm, 

Completely understand where you're coming from. I was wondering if you could break down exactly what you're looking for, and I could submit it to the team as a feature request on your behalf. Hearing feedback directly from store owners such as yourself here is hugely valuable and by telling us how said feature would improve your business, it helps our team make a case to look into working on adding in for the future. In the meantime, I'll share the custom reports and report filter/ editing guides which can hopefully help or shed some further light into what you are looking for:

Another potential option is to look into using an app such as Data Export which John talks about in his reply. You can look at all of the other data export apps in the Shopify app store to see if one fits your needs here

I hope this helps and look forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes