PRE ORDER FOR BLACK FRIDAY

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi!

I'd like to set up a pre order option on my website for my customers to order products from next week. 

How do you do that on the site?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
828 53 139

Hi, @Toothbuckle 

You can set up your store to allow pre orders by following this guide here. If you need assistance with the code, we recommend connecting with our Shopify Experts.

We also have various apps you can utilize instead of customizing the code of your theme! Feel free to check them out here. Each app has their own dedicated support, so if you have any questions you can reach out to them directly!

Hope this helps! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
173 2 26

Hi @Toothbuckle,

I run a pre-order app called PreProduct. 
We're mostly based around new product releases. However, if you're worried about running out of stock during BFCM, PreProduct can be a good option to make sure you're still capturing orders. Pre-orders are captured first, then payment is taken later on, once you're ready, so you can maintain flexibility without negatively effecting brand reputation/customer service.

Feel free to shoot through any questions to oli@preproduct.io , we’ve also got a product sheet available here with a customer journey and feature list etc.

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Elle,

Thank you for your message. 

Going forward rather than do the coding I'll go down the road of installing an app. 

This I will research the ones that wont slow down the website. 

Any direct suggestions are most welcome. 

Alison 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Oli,

I'll take a look into the app. 

The features look great but does it slow down the site in any way?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
173 2 26

Hi @Toothbuckle ,

Good question, I actually run a little Shopify forum thread on site-speed here.

PreProduct loads after your main page loads, so there's minimal impact on site-speed.
Shopify actually makes it quite easy for apps to run this way, it's just not as popular as you'd imagine.

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

0 Likes