Password protected pre-sale collection

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Guys!

I am currently trying to create a password protected pre-sale for people that sign up for the pre-sale.

The idea would be for them to receive a link with a password, click on the link, enter the password, and see already the discounted prices once they entered the right password.

This would be a sitewide private discount, and I really don't want to use discount codes for this. 

So far I have installed the "locksmith" app and have created a password protected collection, where I have put all of the products of our website. 
However, I don't seem to find an option with which they customers would see lower prices on this collection once putting in the password.

HELP?? I am checking through some many forums and Im getting desperate here. Happy to pay for custom codes as well.

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @WEAT_.

Elias here from Shopify Support. I'm happy to lend a hand!

Locksmith is a great choice for locking certain pages or specific collections, which is suitable for creating an exclusive pre-sale collection for your store. Their app also provides a number of ways for you to grant access to your customers. However, it's important to note that their app doesn't adjust product pricing, so if you want to offer two sets of pricing (eg. retail and wholesale) - You may need to duplicate your products/collections. 

After setting up you first lock, you can navigate back to the lock and set up your keys for granting access. 

There's a number of options to grant access, such as with a passcode or an unique link. Since customers are signing up for the pre-sale, you may be able to use customer tags. Customer tags are tied to their emails/customer accounts, so it's easy to work with and they can be tagged for future pre-sales as well. If needed, you can create multiple keys and give your customers more ways to get access to a locked page. 

I've located Locksmith's help guides for you as well, that's right over here. If you need any further assistance with this app, you can also reach out to the developer through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog