Can I sell without comapny ?

Highlighted
29 0 0

Hello,

Can I sell on shopify without a comapny ? I'm asking people who sell products ? I s it legal? In my country, starting a business costs $ 400 a month to high risk as a start. Can costs be minimized?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1782 91 218

Hi, tommax, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question. You can indeed open a Shopify store without registering a business name. This is something I would not recommend though, mainly because of legal and tax reasons. This is something which would depend on each country also though. Your best bet in this scenario might be to visit your local tax office, legal advice or a professional accountant to find out what exactly you need to do, to legally run a business in your country. 

I'm not sure exactly where you are based, but Shopify did write a blog post about the Legal Guide to E-commerce with some guides for specific countries which you might get some value from here

Depending on what type of business you want to start, dropshipping from other suppliers could be something to look into to help minimize initial costs. Shopify's partner Oberlo is a trustworthy app and company you can work with for this. You can take a look and find what products you might like to sell on Oberlo here as well as a link for their support team should you have any other questions here. Another style of dropshipping is called Print on Demand (POD) where you can offer your designs on items of clothing or products which will get printed per order and shipped for you, offering minimal cost set up. You can see a list of POD apps from the Shopify app store here

I hope this helps and gives you some direction as well as answers your question's. Don't hesitate to let me know should you have any others either. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes