Confused About how I setup my business structure

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hello my name is michael and im new to dropshipping.

Lets say that my company has different “branches” so for example my company owned different stores like one selled beauty products one selled hardware etc.. how would I legally do that would I need to get two different dba or how would I operate my different stores under the same company legally.
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1317 31 131
Lets say that my company has different “branches” so for example my company owned different stores like one selled beauty products one selled hardware etc.. how would I legally do that would I need to get two different dba or how would I operate my different stores under the same company legally.

Hi @Reinosomichael7,

Nick here from Shopify. 

This is a great question and would change depending on where you are in the world and the laws based on where you live. Your best bet in this instance might be to reach out to an attorney/ lawyer or a professional accountant about how to set up your business. While it might be ok to have both stores under one name legally in one country, it might not in another. The content team at Shopify wrote a blog post which goes through each aspect of business registration which you might find useful here

In saying this though, I can't stress enough that your next step here should be to contact a professional (Attorney or Accountant) to decide which is the best way for you to structure your business. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions about this or anything else. 

All the best, Nick

Let me know if you've found this helpful and by hitting solved.
0 Likes