My name is Debbie and I have just started to build a website could someone please take a look and give me some advice on things I need to do or change.
I removed the catalog button because my products were all over and not in any order I couldn't work out how to organise them and I couldn't find my collections , so I put them on the home page .
Seems like the password is incorrect.
You can find the storefront password in your Admin Panel > Online Store > Preferences at the bottom of the page.
Looking forward to give you a constructive review and give you a head start on your journey!
Overall you have a very clean and to the point design. Here are some suggestions for you to consider.
hero - The area visible on your screen without scrolling
1. Improve the value proposition in the hero. "Sexy and Sweet" doesn't tell me much about what you're selling. "Sexy and Sweet Lingerie" would be a better title to use. Think about how else you can capture someone's attention through a descriptive title. Perhaps consider using a subtitle to add more value to this area.
2. Remove the product codes from product titles. They add unnecessary weight to them.
3. Remove the newsletter subscription from the footer and add it as a pop up. Don't engage the pop-up until someone has browsed the homepage and moves their mouse away from the viewport or engage the pop-up after a delay (e.g. 5 seconds)
4. Add "Products you may like" to the single product page, above the footer.
5. Remove the "Search" link from the bottom. It looks odd with just this one link.
6. Add an "About" page and "Contact" page. Build some authority and trust through your "About" page. Talk about yourself, the shop, or the items you're selling.
7. Do you utilize the "note" feature in your cart? Is it really important and does it make you money? If not, remove it. Remove the "Continue Shopping" button as well. You're trying to minimize distractions and bring attention to checking out. If you can get the cart to auto update when changing quantities, remove the "update" button as well.
8. I did not see shipping being added to the order at checkout and I'm assuming you offer free shipping. This should be shown on the homepage. Consider using a top feature bar above the hero to add a message about "FREE SHIPPING".
Hope this helps. Good luck!
Hi Bunch of Animals
Thank you for your comments I will look at the points that you have made. Is the single products page in the add section.
I haven't looked at the cart bit yet but can remove the notes section.
I thought that I had added the shipping when I first set the site up, I don't offer free shipping. As I am only just starting out I am dropshipping the products so have added the rates that the supplier charges I will have to look and see where my shipping has disappeared to.
My site is not live yet I don't want to go that far until I know its looking the best it can.
Thank you for your help
This is Max from the Shopify Team.
Congrats on getting started with your shop. It looks like you're getting some great feedback already, but I wanted to hop in and share a few resources as well. I think that getting started with a functional main menu/navigation is really important, especially when thinking of customers who might be shopping using mobile devices and might find it more cumbersome to scroll!
Are there any other lingerie shops or websites that you use? I'd suggest taking a look and seeing if the way you search and navigate their store is different than yours. If so, what helps this be a more pleasant or difficult look around? Creating collections for your store first, will naturally help you decide how and what should be available in the menu options was well! Your collection list seems pretty thorough, that would make a natural addition to the main menu as a dropdown!
If creating and editing a menu seems a bit too daunting at first, these resources should help you out;
I went ahead and deleted the post where you shared your password earlier, I'd suggest changing that up, just in case as this is a public forum! Head to Settings > Account > click on your name (under Account owner or Staff accounts). From this page, scroll to Password reset and click Change password.
In terms of security, I'd also recommend reviewing this doc on how to secure your account with two-step authentication.
If you have any more specific questions about your account or using Shopify, please feel free to contact us directly! ?
Max | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog
I know in my mind how I want the site to look but am struggling with how to do it. I wanted to build a list at the side to click on for my collections but can't find where to build it. when I clicked on catalogue on the top header it showed everything but they weren't in order and I couldn't work out how to correct that, Bunch of animals suggested removing the continue shopping button which is a good idea but I can't find where to remove it from and when I set up the site I put my postage and returns etc but they don't seem to be showing.
how do I do functional main menu/navigation.
Everybodys suggestions are great and the ones listed are how I would like my site to be I will look at the links you sent me and have another bash.
First of all, I would like to say many congratulations to you on this progress. I want to give you few general feedback on your website to better improvement. Be concern for following things.
1. Use clean and attractive flow that could impress your customers
2. Use simple navigation
3. Always take a simple theme that should not be high
4. Keep the simple flow of your website up to bottom
|05-23-2019 05:10 PM|
|05-22-2019 06:37 AM|
|05-22-2019 05:42 AM|
|05-22-2019 05:15 AM|