Order Confirmation - Show date of confirmation

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi,

I would like the date to be stated in the order confirmation mail, that costumers receive when buying from my site. How do I do this? 

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
345 9 28

Hi, Oliver!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

In order to display the date an order was placed, you would need to add a line fo HTML to your order notification emails. Go to Settings > Notifications and then click on the Order Confirmation email. You can add - 

```` Order Placed on: {{ created_at | date: "%m-%d-%Y" }} ````

This should work for you, but it wouldn't show in the email preview in the admin section, as this would not be a real order.

If you have any issues with this at all or are not quite sure how to add this in yourself, please feel free to contact our support lines. We have a theme support team who should be able to help you out with this!

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
1 0 0

Hi,

this is not showing in the preview mode, is it normal?

I tried

<span class="order-date__text"><strong>Order Date</strong> {{ created_at | date: "%m/%d/%y" }}</span>

and 

<span class="order-date__text"><strong>Order Date</strong> {{ order_created_at | date: "%m/%d/%y" }}</span>

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
345 9 28

Hi!

Thanks for posting :)

This would not show in the email preview in the admin section, as this would not be a real order. So it would be normal for the coding changes not to show in the preview.

The code posted in my original answer should work in a real email, rather than the test/preview shown in the admin.

This is because the code would pull the dates from a real order and place it in the invoice. As this is a test order, there are no real dates to pull that information from.

If you would like to test it out, I would suggest placing a real order to see the email you receive. The best way to do this is by creating a test product and hiding it from your store. 

To do this, click 'manage' under the Sales Channel tab to the right of the product title when creating the product, then make sure no sales channels are selected. You can set the product to cost $1 or less.

Would that option for you? Let me know how you get on!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like