eCommerce Website Ranking

Highlighted
10 0 0

How can we improve our ecommerce sites ranking in google search ?

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey there! Ranking on Google comes down to Search Engine Optimization (SEO). You want to make sure that your website is properly optimized for all parts of SEO. This includes keywords, metaphrases, alt tags for images, and website speed. SEO can take several months to rank you higher, and you won't necessarily be on the first page of Google after several months. If you are looking for more viewers quickly I highly recommend Instagram. This is how I got my first few sales before SEO kicked in. 

Check out this article to learn how to use Instagram for your advantage: thedropshippingnomad.com

0 Likes
4 0 0

We are using Singlefeed to help manage our product feed to Google.  I believe our feed conforms to your suggestions already and we do have the keyword in question ("gummy vitamins" in our product title and description, yet we do not show up very high in the results.  I am really interested in learning more about how inbound SEO and/or # of review, # of vendors, age of brand/product, freshness of feed update, etc all impact the rankings.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1782 91 218

Hi Alex, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

The age-old question of how to improve your Google ranking and SEO. There are many ways to go about this, but one to remember is that it is something that can take time, up to a few months even. 

I think a good place to start might be a Shopify blog post called The Beginners Guide to E-Commerce SEO. This post will cover a lot of the basics and even if you are familiar with SEO basics, it is still a good recap. 

Shopify also has some great guides to help you add and place keywords which is hugely vital for SEO as well as how to optimize your site structure for search engines. Applying an app is another thing you can do to help with your search ranking. There are a lot of good SEO apps in the Shopify App store, and one that I like and use in my own store is SEO Manager. There is a monthly cost to SEO Manager which isn't ideal, but to me, the results speak for themselves and I highly recommend it. 

That is a lot of information and I hope it helps, don't hesitate to ask any other SEO questions should you have any. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
23 0 1

Instagram for networking cables? That doesn't seem like it would be effective use of time.

SEO is a big topic but it basically comes down to these things:

• making sure your site is set up properly - page titles, meta descriptions, on page content, navigation & internal linking, fast loading
  • make sure your efforts align with how people are searching (keyword research & implmenting it properly)
  • links. without links you'll not rank. poor links will be of no help and just a waste of time/effort/money

If it isn't something you can do effectively yourself, hiring it out (to a reputable vendor) is one way to go, or learning yourself is another, if you have time time and desire to do it yourself.

0 Likes
1 0 0
1 0 0

Rusgold Facades Ltd, we are expert in metsec cladding, Curtain Walling, sfs framing, Doors and Window Installations in UK. https://www.rusgold.co.uk

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1423 15 111

Instagram for networking cables? That doesn't seem like it would be effective use of time.

2nd that unless your showing installations or cable management, something like tech areas on reddit may be more effective 

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi there,

SEO is a tricky but necessary beast for every website. lots of good tips in the Shopify blogposts that Nick recommended. 

If you're curious to outsource, or looking for a more simplified solution check out our Salesoar Automation Marketing tool in the app store. We completely take the headaches and manual labor out of Google AdWords by automating some of Googles best practices, to increase revenue and get your ads in front of the right potential customers.

Happy to answer any questions kendyl.young@salesoar.com

Thanks!

Kendyl Young

https://salesoar.com/

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hey you do not need to worry about it, first you have to do keyword research and competitors analysis. when the product show on google just use LSI keywords and do web 2.0 your product will rank easily. weekly 30% you have to do. Number 1 digital marketing agency

0 Likes