Feb 20th 12pm ET Shopify Open Learning Workshop | Shopify & Youth Entrepeneur

MikeWong
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2 0 5

Hey folks! Welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sure we'll be going over a ton of things tomorrow and YE will have resources and references to share but so will we. I'll be directing everyone to post here during our workshop as well. Feel free to post your store links, ask questions, and share solutions. Shopify is a huge platform with even more potential so don't feel like everything needs to be done during our time together. We'll be adding more resources here afterwards.

Make sure to sign up for an account beforehand so we can jump right in.

Looking forward to it and I'll see everyone tomorrow!

-----

Thank you everyone for attending. The resource list is posted below or you can click this link here to direct to it.

Mike | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MrSolorzano
1 0 1

Hello Mike! 

Thank you for the opportunity to leverage Shopify with YE.

I teach in Anaheim, Ca. and will be utilizing the platform in my Government and Economics classes. 

https://savcva-ye.myshopify.com/

drehelms
2 0 4

Thanks for setting up this forum for us, Mike!  I'm excited to work with Shopify to enhance my students' YE experience!

drehelms
2 0 4

Hey, Ray!  Good to see you!  Looking forward to working with you more to provide transformational experiences for our students!

shanson1701
1 0 2

Hey Mike!

Thanks for the awesome training! My website address is marketday.cc. I know I've got to tweak some things, but I love Shopify!

MegKupferschmid
1 0 3

Hello. 

My name is Megan Kupferschmid and I teach business education at Ames High School in Ames, Iowa. I plan on exploring this platform for my Entrepreneurship class, which is only offered during the Fall semester, but in order to have more students, maybe implementing it into my Intro to Business course. 

https://ames-entrepreneurship.myshopify.com/ 

JanetBrophy
1 0 2

Hi Mike,

We have a school store (physical location) and I think this will help us reach more people since we are limited on days/time we can be open at the store.

https://haxtun-cte-the-doghouse.myshopify.com

LisaBrent
1 0 1

Mike, Therese and YE thank you for this incredible training that will allow us to grow leaps and bounds with our students. I will definitely contact you as questions arise! Thank you for your patience, expertise, and for making us feel at ease and welcome!

Best regards,

Lisa Brent

Therese1
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
13 0 2

Hi folks! Great to see such enthusiasm from you all today. Remember, if you can't get the answers you need from help.shopify.com or our YouTube channel, feel free to email me at open-learning@shopify.com. If I don't know the answer, I will know someone who does

MikeWong
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2 0 5

Thank you everyone for joining me in the presentation!

I appreciate you time and attention during our dive into Shopify. Even the admin itself can be a lot so don't feel like you need to grasp everything at once. Here is a list of the resources I went over during the presentation and feel free to post any questions you might think of in here. Our support team is also on live channels 24/7 so you can reach out here for help.

• Initial setup checklist to get started.
  • Shopify Help Center is your best friend here and best resource for everything Shopify and a great reference if you need help with support for any particular topic.
  • Shopify Youtube Channel videos will be embedded in several of the topics for the Shopify Help Center but you can check out the channel for different videos on all sorts of topics. Great for the more visual learner.
  • Shopify made themes supported by us and all free. Debut comes installed by default but take a look for any designs and features that may be more aligned for your vision.
  • Shopify App Store will have all sorts of solutions and tools developed by third party partners to assist the business. Here are all the ones Made By Shopify including the different potential sales channels you can install and integrate. Print on Demand and Drop shipping apps will be found in the app store as well.
  • Free Business Tools offer things like a logo maker, business name generator, policy generators, image resizer, and more.
  • Business Terminology Encyclopedia for different terms that may come up and details on what they mean. 
  • Shopify Compass is our academy for business learning with courses, tutorials, and webinars. I highly recommend the webinars on marketing and store design. Our professional guests are quite engaging and informative. 
  • Community forums. You're already here! Take a look around at different topics.

Thank you again and I wish you and your students the best in your entrepreneurial endeavors. 

Mike | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog