Looking for some feedback

CEOboomJUICE
1 0 0

Hello,

My name is Ellisy, due to the covid-19 my life been really difficult, so I started reading alot about dropshipping and shopify. My niche is into staying healthy, more like a nutritionist prespective. Help people have better health through problem solving, like a portable blender, nice looking Mason jar to make it look cooler being healthy, etc..I just need some feedback and also tips on marketing, my customer avatar would probably be 20 to 40 Male or Female.

booomjuice.myshopify.com is my website

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
730 73 131

Hi @CEOboomJUICE,

Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations on starting your new store!

Welcome to the platform and well done on getting so much work and on doing the research. I'm sorry to hear that COVID-19 has been so hard for you. I hope this business becomes not just a means of making a living, but an affirmation of your strength and ability to endure at the hardest of times. 

You're absolutely right that picking a niche is the right way to go! There may be many people selling the exact same products as you but this doesn’t mean you can’t build a brand around your Dropshipping store. Showing your store as a brand that is an authority in a particular niche is a great way to set yourself apart from your competitors. Even though you may not be manufacturing your products, your brand can show itself to be the best curator in your niche.

You've laid out your store really well, but here are some additional resources for considering your customer's journey through your store, from the moment they land to the moment they (hopefully) make a purchase:

I suppose once you've built out the shape and navigation and colors of your theme, the idea is to try to focus on how you can communicate the idea and message behind it all. 

I'm really happy to hear that you're aware that you need to pick a target audience and create avatars (or personas) for them. Naturally, you'll want to think about more than just what gender and age they are. You'll want to think about what social media they might frequent, what influencers and pages they might like, what accounts they might follow, what music and movies they might be interested in, etc. There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here.

When you have a sense of the world that your customer inhabits, you can then begin to paint a picture with your website of how that world might be improved by adding your product to it. This starts with your About Us page, which doubles as a mission statement. Tell the world, your customers, and any visitors, what it is you aim to achieve and what impact you aim to make on their world.

Here's what an About Us page should contain and here's how to create one!

This will then provide you with the "spine" from which your content can branch out. Will you create a blog and talk about different recipes for the blender? What about going a bit quirky and writing a blog post about funny scenes in movies that involve blenders? What about a personal angle where you write about the time you and your partner broke up and the saddest possession lost in the split was your blender/Mason jar?

You could factor in these 11 ways to step up your content marketing game and consider what marketing to millennials actually entails.

When I was on your store I noticed you didn't have your favicon set up. This is a really cool feature and it makes the page look a lot more trustworthy and professional. The favicon is the little logo you see in the tabs on your browser:

Monosnap_2018-05-21_14-12-43

You can add your own logo to your store in the theme editor by going to Theme settings > Favicon.

These are just starting ideas, but they speak to the fundamentals of your branding. If you get the pillars down, the rest will follow!

I hope this, let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog