Submit your questions here! | Feb. 11 Shopify Compass AMA about Instagram with Later

SarahF_Shopify
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
66 0 44

Join Lexie Carbone and Nikki Canning from Later for a live discussion on everything Instagram. Creators of the Shopify Compass course How to make money on Instagram, the Later team will join us to answer all of your burning questions on how to be successful in building your brand, understanding new features and setting up your digital storefront for this social channel. Submit your questions in advance (in this thread below) to ensure you crush your Instagram game in 2021.

Register now to partake in the live action on February 11 @ 1pm ET on ShopifyCompass.com/live-webinars!

0 Likes
otot
2 0 2

Hi Lexie and Nikki!

We're wondering about best practices for setting up an Instagram Shop integration. There seems to be a difference between "Shop on Instagram" and "Checkout on Instagram" and which stores make it into the "Browse Shops" tab. Is this the case? Do you need to have have "checkout" enabled in order to appear in the "Browse Shops" tab. 

An answer to this question or general tips around Instagram shopping would be most appreciated!

Thank you, 

Olympia 

@omnyc

www.om-nyc.com

pnap
Tourist
9 0 8

Our Instagram  and Facebook Shops which had existed for years with no problem were rejected because some items didn't comply with Commerce Eligibility requirements and now we can't get them approved again. This occurred because installing the new Shopify Facebook app suddenly listed every single one of our products but even though I have now delisted from the Shop selection the few items they had a problem with it is impossible to get this reviewed again with Facebook.   The Commerce Facebook Concierge Support say there is no way to appeal and can offer no timescale as to when we can appeal again in the future which is very frustrating as we are a legitimate business.   What other options are there to escalate this as it has now been going on for over 3 months?

https://www.instagram.com/rocksound 

0 Likes
CatherineW
2 0 0

Hi!

I'd love to know if it's in the planning that we will be able to tag our products in posts we schedule in Later. If so, when? If not, what's your best suggestion for continuing to streamline post planning if we also want to tag products in them?

Thank you so much!

Catherine

0 Likes
Roostcollection
Explorer
63 0 27

When are you going to add a simple function to retail POS that should have been there in the beginning and Not charge us for it. Called MANUAL RETURN

0 Likes
AriadnaM
1 0 0

Hello! I have the issue that cant upload music with the reels or add it to anything. Do you know how to fix this?

Also, cant promote a post or story that have a product tag.

Thanks!

0 Likes
MatthewF
1 0 1

Hi Folks, 

I started a dropshipping store in November and have been struggling to get visitors on my site. From the research I've done, it appears Facebook and Instagram are likely to be the quickest and easiest way to get potential customers to visit my store. My problem is that I do not have access to the Facebook channel for sales on my store. 

The reason for this is because I had my personal Facebook account suspended and then subsequently permanently disabled. I was quite surprised by this because this was my first ever Facebook profile. I've never taken an interest in using the platform personally, but you now need a personal Facebook account in order to create a business page. Within 15 minutes of starting the account I was booted off and told I "violated their terms of use" and to submit a bunch of my personal details to Facebook. The account is permanently disabled and as far as I can tell through extensive research, there is no way to communicate with a human being that works at Facebook unless you are doing it through the platform. This has effectively banned me from using both Facebook advertising as well as Instagram Shopping.

I have 2 questions for you:

• Are you aware of a way to contact an actual person at Facebook in order to be allowed to market on the platform?
  • How would you recommend I market my store, not having access to Facebook Advertising or Instagram Shopping?

Any advice would be appreciated. I have dismally low traffic on my store and have yet to make a sale. 

Thank you for your time.

Matthew

https://lovecitycycle.com/

https://www.instagram.com/lovecitycycle/

SarahF_Shopify
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
66 0 44

Thanks to all who have submitted questions thus far! You have until Thursday noon EST to submit.

The Later team is excited to be joining us to talk Instagram and provide context and understanding of how to apply this channel to your business to grow your sales. 

Don't forget to register here before Thursday's live event. This will provide you access to the event, as well as ensure you receive the recording and supporting resources after the event to move you forward. 

See you soon. 

SarahF_Shopify
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
66 0 44

Hi @pnap, have you spoken with Shopify's support team on this issue yet? I would suggest reaching out ASAP to see how our team can unblock you here. 

https://help.shopify.com/en/questions

All the best!

0 Likes
pnap
Tourist
9 0 8
hi Sarah

Yes I did, ticket ID 20505568, back in November 2020. I was told that it
was a Facebook / Instagram matter and that Shopify had no channels of
communication with them. There must be some channels though as the new
Facebook Shopify app was developed and I also attended a Compass Live
Webinar which had Instagram’s Vice President of Fashion Partnerships, Eva