12 Ways We Can All Support Small Businesses (Even While Social Distancing)

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
479 27 591

Cross-posted from the Shopify Blog

covid19.png

These are uncertain times. Everywhere, governments are halting international travel, ordering people to stay home, and shuttering non-essential businesses. These measures are designed to slow the spread of the global pandemic COVID-19 and keep people safe.

For many, including service industry staff and healthcare workers, the impact of these measures can be devastating. The same is true for independent business owners—especially those in the infancy of their entrepreneurial journeys. Many have been forced to close their doors. Some may not reopen.

While the need to help the independent business community is most immediately obvious, the benefits of shopping small extend beyond times of crisis.

We are all social distancing, which means our dollars are not flowing into local cafés and boxing gyms and bookstores. But many of these businesses have made clever pivots to service their customers without human contact. There are ways that we as a global community can secure the futures of our local small businesses and help them shine in these dark times.

We have choices right now.

Learn more at the Shopify Blog - 12 Ways We Can All Support Small Businesses (Even While Social Distancing)

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

Thanks for your kind understanding of our situation.

However, I believe most of the people who are just starting an e-commerce platform right now, are already aware of the existing situation and could base their calculation on more realistic factors. The main group of website having a really rough time are the ones who have already passed their 14 days free trial and started paying subscription plan fees (like myself!).

We did our market research, negotiated with suppliers, prepared the inventory and did the business plan calculation long before registration and starting the platform. That is why we have based our assumptions on usual business parameters but now it is not working out as it was supposed to.

I am quite sure that many newly started websites would agree and we would highly appreciate if you guys apply this 90 days trial to all platforms which started since or during the Feb. 2020. 

Thanks in advance.

(Please like or comment if you have the same problem)

0 Likes