Billing Extension

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi, 

I have a humble request for those with existing stores that struggle to make sales. Kindly could you consider a 3-month billing Extension. I have been with Shopify for 2 years now but I have been struggling with online sales. Is it possible to be extended for the billing for the next 3 months so I can try again, especially now during this COVID-19 period, to push sales online please..

Thank you in Advance.

Highlighted
1 0 1

They only allow extensions for a few days before you have to pay your bill. Shopify isn't doing anything significant to help their customers continue to keep their small shops open and continue to bring income in. They just want their bills to be paid in full. 

Highlighted
2 0 1
So unfortunate. They are doing extensions for New clients from 1 month to
3 months trial period..

Not even a discount for the existing clients☹☹
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2
Thank you for writing this. I feel the exact same way. I started my shop in November (paid for a few months early to get the shop in better order before launch.) I even shelled out $180 US so that I can have a nicer template. And then in March, the pandemic happened and my business tanked.

I see them giving free three month trials to new businesses. And I am sure some people just wanted to make extra cash with their free time while collecting emergency funds from the government, not just existing businesses failing. And I feel shafted. Sure email services and free local delivery, and gift cards as new features are nice. But as a new business who expanded from Etsy, I feel kind of shafted by them, to be honest. I agree and wish this credit would be granted to us. I have been looking at other providers to save costs even. Three months to a new business vs. little credits to existing struggling ones shows little loyalty.