Billing during covid

1 0 1

I WAS CHARGED ON MY CARD WHEN I JUST WAS TESTING THE APP OUT. I NEVER OPENED UP MY STORE. DUE TO COVID I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO BE PAYING SUBSCRIPTION FEES AND REQUEST A REFUND. COVID TOOK A BUG TOLL ON ME AND IT NOT FAIR YOU CHARGED MY CARD AFTER I NEVER EVEN MADE MY STORE PUBLIC ! 

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 87 181

Hey, @JadaFranqui!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

I am sorry to hear that you have been charged unexpectedly. Once you start a free trial with Shopify then it would be up to the store owner to cancel the store before the free trial ends to avoid being charged. Even if the store is not live, if it is not cancelled then it is still active in our billing schedule. Have you cancelled the store now? Due to security reasons, I’m not able to actually cancel your shop for you, but here’s how to close up your Shopify Shop in just a few clicks.

To cancel your store, log into your admin and follow these steps:

• Click on "Settings", then "Plans and permissions" or "Account"
  • Scroll to the bottom and click "Close my store".
    There is also a guide in our help centre with steps you can follow here too.

If your store was cancelled within 72 hours of paying your invoice then we may be able to take a look for you and see if we can refund the invoice for you. Please let me know if this is the case and then I can authenticate you as the store owner and have a closer look into this.

I hope this helps but let me know if you need any further clarification on the above or if you have any other questions at all!  

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 0 0

Hi I also would like to cancel my account (i had to create another account just to get user support. I didn't login to my account and it has been inactive for more than a year and has been charged (USD14.90) per month. Since my domain had expired together with my email, I can't login to my account in shopify as its asking me to unlock account by sending it to my expired email account. So I am not able to cancel my account. Please help me to cancel my account and get a refund for me as I have been charged every month. This is a big sum for me now and will be very helpful if you can help me as soon as possible. 

0 Likes
3 0 0

My Account is Frozen, I paid my outstanding Fees and Want to pay current fees.

But whenever I click on Resume Plan, a pop up appears saying Contact Support.

I mailed the Billing Department, they are not replying.

Untitled.png

0 Likes