COVID-19: How it's affecting us & how you can help

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 31

Let's face it: COVID-19 is top of mind for everyone right now. How are you thinking / doing / reacting during this time?

I know many on this board are probably more occupied with business continuity plans than giving, but wanted to share information that might be useful to this community.

We’ve been fielding a lot of questions from our customers on the best and realistic ways they can help. This is a critical moment for the business community to pitch in where possible.

Two main areas:

• (1) Support public health response
    • US focused: CDC Foundation. The Center for Disease Control has tapped the CDC Foundation to: 
      • expand testing and data capabilities to better prevent, detect and respond to COVID-19
      • deploy emergency staffing with the skills required to meet the needs on the front lines at the state and local level
      • fund and deliver critical home essentials, such as food and medical needs to quarantined and isolated individuals
      • develop education and awareness campaigns to advance prevention and reduce stigma
      • build capacity and infrastructure for global response efforts and other immediate needs as they evolve
    • Global orgs:
  • (2) Support vulnerable communities
    • Community foundations
      • Since this is a crisis affecting every community around the world, the role of community foundations has never been more critical. They are probably the best equipped to support a variety of regional needs. If you’d like your business to support COVID-19 relief efforts, supporting your local community foundations is a way to get involved hyper-locally.
    • Local nonprofits
      • Food banks, meals on wheels programs, senior assistance programs, and more. Mass closures of public schools means kids will lose their access to potentially the only meal they receive every day.

Please share your ideas - the above list will be updated to serve as a comprehensive resource.

-----

You can support any of the above nonprofits (or all) through Pledgeling's Give & Grow app. Add a $1 donation for your customers to give at checkout, offer the ability to round-up total purchases to the nearest dollar, or dedicate % of sales of specific products and/or total orders to support these worthy environmental causes. Reach out to me if you have any questions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 6

Could shopify help small business by temporarily offering the gift card option in the basic pricing option?

It could give a boost to lots of small businesses - and keep them in business and on Shopify...

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
52 3 52

Hi @TheExtraSmile,

I've noted your commented and have sent it to a couple folks internally to put it on their radar, many thanks!

Katie

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 6

That's great! Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
501 29 775

Hi @TheExtraSmile 

Check out this post that was just published: Gift Card Support Is Now Available on All Plans to Help Small Businesses

Thanks again for your feedback!

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

thank you 

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have found that I’ve been getting some more business due to COVID-19, mainly due to the populations that I provide services and products for. Because of that, I’ve been busier and I’m already trying to sort out what would be most effective in regards to expanding my business. What have you all seen in terms of your sales?

SaleHelpr.com
Helping Shopify Store Owners make sales using website notifications with just 1 line of code. A trustnote family web app.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 1

Now, COVID you can not get out too much so it is fashionable now to order online...

1 Like