Clarification on the 14 days Trial

Highlighted
2 0 0
Good day,

Hi all, I just need help on extending my 14 days trial to the 90 days free trial. I have created my store yesterday and saw that I only have 14 days trial. Anyone knows how to change this?

Thank you.

Cheers!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
495 38 82

Hi there! 

This is Ren from the Shopify support team - thanks for your post. 

It sounds like you likely signed up for the standard 14-day trial using the general Shopify trial link. For the 90 day trial which is a part of our COVID-19 initiative, you'll want to use the link found on our COVID-19 resource page here. 

Since you only opened the account yesterday, if there is a chance you haven't done a lot of work on it you can simply let that account expire and open up a new one using the link above. You won't be able to use the exact same .myshopify URL, however you can use a similar and make alterations such as adding numbers or underscores to vary the store name slightly. Your .myshopify URL serves as a login credential and once you have selected a primary domain, it won't be seen as public facing information. 

In the event that you've already put a lot of time into your shop, please let me know as I can reach out to you securely via email and get the ball rolling on a manual extension. Just be sure your email address on your forums account is up to date. Please let me know if I can help clarify any of that! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Ren,

Thank you for your prompt response. Is it possible to just adjust it manually?? to extend it on a 90 days trial. I already have some plans with the shop this week. Can i reach ask you to reach me out on my email?

Thank you Ren.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
495 38 82

Hello again! 

I've gone ahead and sent you an email with instructions.

Thanks for your patience and I look forward to assisting you further! Feel free to respond with any questions either here or via email.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Dear Shopify,

I love this website and this platform. I am working to open my website since December 2019. But due to current situation my work has delayed alot

I have paid fees every month and paid oberlo fees as well with $30 plan both, please kindly give me discount as nowadays shopify is running 90days free trail,
As its tough time for everyone so plz kindly cooperate with me and waive my fees as well as i am newbie and uptill now I didnt lauch till yet my website still lots of work to do. Please kindly waive my subscription fees.

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
495 38 82

Hello @c4catchbit!

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, thanks for sharing your feedback. I completely understand the difficulties being faced in these circumstances.

At this time, the 90 day trial is only applicable to new accounts being open, however you do have some options here. 

It sounds like you are still in the building phase, as you mentioned working to open your website since December. One option would be to open a new account and transfer everything over to take advantage of the 90 day trial. You can adapt these migration steps to help you move your information over.

The second option would be to remain with your current account and downgrade to a dormant plan by pausing your store.

Pause and Build means that the checkout would be disabled but you would still have access to your admin and everything you need to continue to work on your store. This reduces your subscription to $9USD/month.
Pause and Step Away means your store will pause (without the ability to build) for up to to three months without being charged for your subscription. You can reopen your store any time during the three months. If, after three months, you don't reopen your store, then you are upgraded to the Pause and Build plan, which again, is $9 USD per month.

You can learn more about these options as well as how to make these changes to your account at this link here.

Please let me know if you have any questions to the information above. Besides the time constraints, is there anything you are struggling with that I can help walk you through with your store? I would be more than happy to help! Just let me know.

0 Likes