Decrease in online sales?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

Just wondering if people are seeing a big decrease in online sales? I'm primarily brick and mortar and I decided to close due to Caronavirus. I'm trying to increase my online sales but I'm wondering if people are even spending money online right now?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
220 9 27

Hello,

I think that China has returned to manufacture almost completely, the problem now is the pandemic hitting countries around the world.

From my interpretation, there is an increase in sales at online stores who sell "home" items, such as toilet paper, tupperware and such.

Hopefully everything will get better in the next few weeks... 🙏🏽

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
Hi!

This is mandy ceo at abs2b fitness apparel, we have seen a decrease in about 25% of sales, but I was really expecting for it to be worst!!! What I am doing is keep my face out there via instagram and facebook lives and keep our community informed and also asking everyone how they are doing etc... we of course are giving big discounts and gifts in all orders placed during this time!

I hope it does not continue to decline but ir might! For now keeping our heads up and being our there for our clients!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hey, there! I hope I can be of some help. I specialize in website design & marketing for boutiques and similar product based businesses. :)

I believe for the time being, many shops will see a decrease in online sales as people stock up on essential items. However, I don't believe this will last and there are definitely some creative ways you can increase the traffic to your sites such as going live on social media to show off products & directing them to your site in the caption, starting & promoting a referral program, and doing a free gift card with purchase over a certain amount (Shopify just made gift cards available on every plan level for the time being)! In the meantime, be sure to be capturing those emails with a pop-up box on your website even if people aren't purchasing now. 

Here's a little more on the topic in more detail on our tips & insights blog for boutiques >>

Good luck! 

Dana-Cherie Marketing + Web Design

2 Likes
Highlighted

In my city (Hong Kong), many people are working from home. Many retail stores and restaurants are closing. Online stores are having a boost if they're selling in related categories like masks, hand sanitizers, washing liquids, etc. Food delivery companies like FoodPanda are having a good business since everyone is ordering online. It may be a good time to start an online business because many people cannot go out. They can only buy online and there is too much spare time.  

As a Shopify partner for 4 years, I am trying to see how I can further assist them to fix the traffic-but-no-sales problem. Can you help me to fill in the short form so that I can know more about your difficulties to move from offline to online?

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

Hi guys, a lot of business are seeing a decrease in sales currently.

I'm the VP of Product at Rise and we want to give back as much as we can. That's why we created a free version of the app that will enable you to:

Sell discounted gift cards ($100 gift card for $80) to incentivize customers to purchase them even when there are no shipments so that you get some cash coming in.

Issue store credit option to get new customers

and a new store directory so that we can prompt your gift cards. Try it out for free:

https://rise.ai/helping-small-businesses-through-covid-19

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

We are strictly an online retailer and our sales are non-existent since the second week of March. I think with social distancing, self-isolation, loss of income, and the virus itself, all these things combined are making it difficult for businesses other than food services to operate. I developed a new product, outsourced delivery, but I think people just aren't spending like they used to.

Good luck and be well!

The Thoughtful Giver

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

A good strategy is to do targeted online advertising to areas that have been impacted the least. A lot of business owners feel that advertising during the pandemic is insensitive but people want to feel a sense of normalcy. I feel that our customers realize that if we don't keep selling we're putting our small businesses even more at risk. 

Wade Papin

Designer

www.pyrrha.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 4

Hi There. Yep! Sales suddenly ceased - and I had ads which - per FB's own 'performance diagnostics' - were "above average' in all categories, 

But, wow. After a strong Jan thru Mid-Feb - it's like a door was slammed shut. Crickets. Zilch. Corona?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

I construct my products from scratch, so I purchase raw materials, leather, rivets, studs, etc.  There's a huge decrease in demand for raw materials, all apparel sectors are slowed or have halted altogether.  My customers are holding onto their money for now, still getting traffic, they're still gazing at stuff they want.

For the last several years, I've always been about 1-2 weeks behind on orders because I'm that busy, but right now I have zero orders pending for the first time since I can remember.  Things will bounce back, I'm not too worried, get to do some house projects.  I was there in the recession following 9/11, i survived the Great Recession, and provided I don't die, I'll survive this, too.  And so will you. 

0 Likes