Domain Problems

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, i had a domain that at the moment i cannot use him, beucase of status. It tell me that is not connected, i don't know why, i paid for the domain. When i enter on the domain via a browser, redirect me to another page that info me the domain is available for sale at 5$. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
470 39 102

Hi, @blacksoundstore!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

With a bit more information, I'd be happy to offer you some guidance. First off, where did you originally purchase your domain? Are you able to clarify what you mean by "status"? Is the domain expired or is it currently active? 

If you purchased the domain from Shopify, then it should be automatically connected. However, if you do not have auto-renewal enabled, then your domain may be expired. In this case, you will need to renew the domain in order to connect once again. 

If the domain was purchased from a third-party provider, are you able to login to your domain provider to view your DNS settings? You'll just need to make sure that your DNS settings are configured correctly and that your domain is pointing to your Shopify store. Instructions on how to set up your third-party domain can be found here

Based on the fact that you're seeing a message indicating that the domain is for sale, it sounds like either the domain wasn't actually purchased or it has expired. That being said, I'd like to take a deeper look here. If you could also share your domain with me, that would really help.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes