Gift cards - greater value

Highlighted
6 0 0

With the COVID situation, I want to offer gift cards to customers for a greater value. For example, I want a $100 but it's value to be $150. Is there a way to achieve this? I read somewhere that discount codes don't work for this. Anyone has done this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
78 8 24

Hi @martha_s 

Do you mind if they have to enter a discount code next time they checkout?

Here are the limitations around gift cards and discount codes: 

Can I apply a discount code to my gift card purchase?

Most discount codes cannot be applied to gift cards. The exception is a product specific discount code where the product is a gift card.

Can gift cards be used in conjunction with a discount code?

Yes, gift cards are a form of payment.

The above is taken from https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/gift-card-products/faq#can-i-apply-a-discount-code-to-my...

From that I conclude you could:

1. create a 33%/monetary value discount code specific to each gift cards and mention that on the gift card page.

2. Another option would be to personally send store-wide discount codes to people—"whoever buys a $100 gift card receives a code for $50 off their next purchase".

Does this help?

I help family-run Shopify stores increase sales from existing traffic Learn More
Problem Solved? ✅ Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? Let me solve it for you: rumen@rumendimitrov.com
Did my answer save you time? Buy me a coffee, please ☕ :) paypal.me/braiv
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
123 2 10

Hi @martha_s, I'm Neomi from Rise.ai app.

In the last couple of weeks to help all of our merchants during these uncertain times, we developed what you are looking for!

Using Rise.ai Gift Card solution you can create discounted gift cards. 

Rise gift cards are more than just every other gift card, you can create your own branded gift card, let your customers directly send it to their love ones and schedule it for the perfect time.

You can read here more about all of our efforts to help merchants during COVID-19.

check out our listing page, and feel free to contact us at info@rise.ai

0 Likes