How to incorporate shipping prices from aliexpress to your dropshipping shopify page

gentle221
Visitor
1 0 1

So I wonder if there is a way or application that could in some relevant way synchronize / collect shipping information from aliexpress to your dropshipping shopify page to give your customers around the world an insight into how much to pay for a particular shipment. Because in some situations it is possible that the shipment exceeds the price of the product for certain third world countries and I guess no one wants that, while customers need to know. thanks in advance

Replies 6 (6)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @gentle221!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

While Oberlo and other dropshipping apps import the product cost to Shopify, this doesn't include shipping information like shipping cost, shipping method, and delivery time. This means that the product’s shipping information from AliExpress cannot be automatically synced to your store. Instead, you will need to create your own shipping rates within your Shopify admin.

That being said, most dropshippers choose to offer their customers free shipping rates. Because shipping costs on AliExpress are inexpensive, you can usually factor the cost of shipping into your product price. Not only is this easy for you to set up and manage, but customers are far more likely to make a purchase if shipping is free. If the shipping cost is well over the cost of the product itself, it's highly unlikely that a customer will want to purchase that product. I recommend finding a different supplier with more reasonable shipping costs if you cannot factor it into your product cost.

If you don't want to offer free shipping on all orders, then you could instead set flat shipping rates and offer free shipping on orders that exceed a certain dollar value. This is an extremely common tactic and can also help encourage customers to purchase more so they can take advantage of the free shipping incentive.

As you continue working on sorting out your shipping strategy, I suggest reviewing Oberlo's guide on setting up shipping settings in Shopify. This guide offers further details on how shipping works with dropshipping, how to understand which shipping settings to use in Shopify, and how to set up your shipping rates. If you are using Oberlo for your dropshipping business, you should find this guide useful.

I'm curious to know what kind of products you're selling. This will help me better understand why the shipping costs are so high. Feel free to respond here and let me know!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

CleanItUp
Visitor
1 0 0

Bonjour Julie,

I was wondering whether this was still the case, that is it is not possible to sync shipping rates between Ali Express and Shopify. Thanks.

maxrodro
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi all,

I have tried this monthly plan, and even so I have not been able to identify how to do it, in the Dsers configuration it indicates to share shipping costs but in Shopify there is no where to obtain them, could someone help me?

maxrodro_0-1691007166930.png

surfrdude76
Visitor
2 0 0

You wont get any help here. Its a terrible product with fake claims of everything being automatic, on average I spend 2-3 hours processing orders manually and changing shipping rates 

goodluck.

surfrdude76
Visitor
2 0 0

You are incorrect, most shipping costs on Ali are more than the products themselves. This is a terrible app with poor API for the cost of subscription.

YOD_Solutions
Shopify Partner
185 21 28

At last, we have launched an app, JsRates,  that fetches real-time shipping rates from AliExpress and other dropshipping suppliers, such as, Dsers (see here for the list of suppliers: JsRates: Custom JavaScript Shipping Rates for Shopify Stores)

JsRates enables you display the real-time rates from AliExpress and others on the product page or the checkout page. For the checkout page, you need CCS activated on your store. JsRates uses JavaScript to setup your shipping rules. If you are not familiar with JavaScript, we would be more than happy to provide personalized guidance and support to help you set up your rates.

Founder @ JsRates: Custom Shipping Rates
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more about JsRates visit the JsRates home page or JsRates documentation
- Find JsRates on Shopify app store