Is There Anyway We Can Offer A Discount To NHS Staff In The UK

Highlighted
2 0 4

Is there a away of offering discount to NHS staff on Shopify? Only way I can think is to automatically assign a discount to people with emails that end with nhs.net or hscic.co.uk but I am unsure how to do this or if it is even possible.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5
I am also looking for a way to offer NHS, emergency service and armed forces members a discount. I looked last year but didn’t find anything suitable for the UK. There are some apps available for armed forces in the USA only.

Please someone make this app!
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi

I'm a Shopify Partner and app developer, and really like this idea as a way to help key workers

I had a look at how its implemented on a few sites, and the approaches are -

• Supply email address - get sent a discount
  • NHS Discount Code - honesty system

You could deliver the discount functionality using this approach -

1. Segmenting existing workers as Keyworkers/NHS based on email address domain, and use Flow to automatically add workers to Keyworker/NHS setting(this could be connected to your email tool to automatically email a discount)
  2. Create a specific discount against this Tag
  3. Email this discount to users, or share the code on NHS forums/groups

Id be interested in your ideas on this?

Thanks

Martin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

Hi Martin,

I like the idea of using the Bluelight Card scheme, as it allows verification through them rather than simply an email address.  It also covers all blue light services, including the police and armed forces which I think is important.

Perhaps you could work with that organisation to create an app that verifies through them and applies a discount in Shopify?

Thanks,

Craig

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 4

Im not very tech savvy when it comes to things like this so I don't understand what you mean. I don't like the idea of an honesty system because the general public will abuse it. We are currently asking people to send in a screenshot of there photo ideal to us via email or on social media or email us from their work domain but this is long winded. We wont people to be able to do this seamlessly and with us giving them a discount I think Shopify should allow us to offer this service for free and not force us to pay for 3rd party apps.

2 Likes