Letter from Shopify CEO about Covid19

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4
Otherwise I guess I’ll reopen another shop and have 2 months free
1 Like
Highlighted

@Zaqi Waved all Shopify subscription fees? Really? I couldn't think of a worse thing to destroy them.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

How ironic that Shopify, a business that started in Canada is providing funding for US merchants only. I, as a Canadian merchant does not qualify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Why aren't you doing anything to help existing customers?

Please waive this month's fee immediately for all impacted businesses.

What does 200 million support in Shopify mean? How does a Shopify customer apply for some of that?

We spend well over $2,000 per month on your platform. It was already overpriced, but we really need some support from this company right now and all the vagueness and crass appeals for new signups is only creating a lot of resentment and compounding anxiety.

Why aren't you explaining any actual tangible ways you can help with the temporary cash flow crisis for so many of your customers?

It feels very much like you are trying to take advantage of a crisis to spin a cheap, crass sales tactic.

Very bad look, Shopify. Incredibly disappointed with your response.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you, is it possible for Shopify to pause our monthly payments for a couple of months?

I just started and the Covid-19 hit the market, I'm a new seller here would you please help us with that as other companies?

I mean some of the stores have a good revenue during this period of time but someone like my store!! even the monthly payments for my apps & store & other fees is too hard.

Would you please let us know about that?

Thanks again & warm regards,

Negar 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

We are a new customer and trusted this would be a helpful platform. This is post window dressing, and the Shopify organization was clearly not ready to help the restaurant sector pivot during Covid-19. In our jurisdiction (British Columbia) we are approved and licensed to sell alcohol with food orders. Our government realized this was important. Yesterday at 3 AM we were notified that our payments were being held as we were under investigation. Wonderful news to have when we are trying to make rent and payroll. We provided all our documentation but our payments are still hijacked with no commitment as to when the will be released. Why not give us notice, or a warning and allow funds to flow on a temporary basis? So Tobi, we are unimpressed and give give a Net Promoter Score of zero.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Perhaps they should concentrate on supporting their existing customer base of long term customers. 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2
Exactly. Especially in an environment where the company’s market valuation is continually recording all time highs. A moratorium for us who believed in Shopify and have stood with them through its growing pains would be a gracious way to say “Thanks” right now.
2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Wow, this is great news. I will share this message in my article https://erainnovator.com/shopify/

Thanks for sharing this with us.

0 Likes