Letter from Shopify CEO about Covid19

Highlighted

Hey everyone, Tobi (Shopify CEO), just announced that Shopify are going to support new & current sellers on Shopify platform due to the corona-virus. Here are details:

• 90 days free trial on new store sign up. For store currently in 14 days, it could be extended

• 200 million USD support in Shopify

• Gift cards available on all

• Local pick-up & delivery in

• Free live webinars

Shopify Partner since 2014.
Highlighted

That's great support from the Shopify community!

I really appreciate it!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 50

It would help if they went further and waved all Shopify subscription fees for the next few months at least so we have a safety net to protect our stores and businesses. 

Highlighted
1 0 7
At least let us pause the store for free.
Highlighted
2 0 19
I wish Shopify can suspend all monthly payments until all the Corona calamity is over. We are experiencing huge losses
Highlighted
1 0 15
Since Shopify is offering 90 day free trial instead of 14 days, how about giving your already loyal customers the same deal. Those of us with Shopify websites could really use some help right now.

Please, I think you'd agree it's more important to KEEP your customers than acquire new ones, right?

Please, offer us 90 free days, too, due to covid-19.
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

To be honest, if someone cannot afford 29/month fee, his business just doesn't work no matter reason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

that is not true, im into my first week AFTER my 2 week trial so i am just starting up and i agree that everyone should get a 90 day extension.  

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 7

I agree 100%--They should allow current users the same 90 day grace as new clients, otherwise it just looks like they are making another sales gimmick out of an unfortunate situation. Really unappealing Shopify. 

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 7

How is this support to current users? If they can extend the courtesy to new clients, why not do the same for current users who have invested money into shopify as well? Instead, by offering new users this and not us, it just looks like they are trying to make more money out of an unfortunate event. Very unappealing shopify.