Local pickup and delivery set-up for Australian stores

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi

I would like to set up a local delivery option for my store. I'll use apps if I have to but I'd rather keep the set-up within my responsive store theme if I can. (I have already set up a free pick up from store option.)

From what I can tell I would only be able to offer free delivery within my state (QLD) and not be able to focus-in at the postcode level. Is that correct?

ForCandles

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3392 252 609

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @forcandles,

Nick here from Shopify. Really good question! 

It is possible to set up a local delivery option for your store and it can be done a couple of different ways. 

• Natively - This can be done natively but as you touched on in your post, it would not be able to focus in on the postcode level here. It is a payment method called Cash on Delivery (COD), which encourages and enables customers to pay once you have delivered the product to them. You can see more about COD from the help guide Shopify has for this here
  • The other option also like you mentioned is through the use of an app from the Shopify App Store. There are a few different shipping feature apps you could look into for this. They would allow you to look closer into delivering to specific areas and use postcodes as a way to do this. Let's take a look at them: 

I know it's not ideal having to use an app when you don't want to. But it would definitely be your best bet to what you're looking for here. Hopefully one of the apps will allow you to do what you want and need. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog