Need Clarification on 90 day Trial

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
35 0 7

Hey all,

is the 90-day trial extending the 14 "Setup time" trial to 90 days or

is the 90-Day trial a full trial and able to make sales?

Ben Moore
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 102 248

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Ben-Kloud-Nine 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. So in this case, you can start selling within these 90 days once you have chosen a plan - you will not be charged for this plan until the end of the trial. The reason behind this being, a card is needed on file for any potential charges from orders being processed such as shipping labels or transaction fees. 

I'd recommend taking a look at our Shopify webinars. These short tutorials takes you through all the basics of creating a store such as adding products, variants, collections, theme changes and pointing a domain to your store. You should be able to sign up here. We also have a free business course with our Shopify Academy that I would really encourage you to look at if you get a chance.

What are you planning on selling? Do you have a business plan in place? If you would like to tell me more about your business I will be able to find you some more resources. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
35 0 7

@Bo,

that was the answer i needed.

in none of the information that i found does it say that you can sell on the 90 day trial.

Ben Moore
2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Bo,

Have you got an idea of roughly when the 90-day trial offer might be reinstated back to the 14-day trial? I assume Shopify will not be warning future clients that the 90-day trial is going back to the normal 14-day trial as it has the right to do so. I would like to know roughly or exactly when this generous offer would be going back to normal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 102 248

Hey there, @Tedd-M 

That is a really great question. Shopify does not have an end date for this offer currently. Our team will continue to assess the global situation when it comes to COVID-19 and will adjust accordingly. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi,
Sorry to butt in.
I signed up to the 90 day trial. I'm only a few weeks in and today I was billed??
Why is this please?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 102 248

Hey there, @Alan-VS 

This could have been any number of reasons - the link used to sign up was not for the 90-day trial, it could be app charges, shipping label charges or transaction fees. To find out more about your bill, go to Settings > Billing. From here you will be able to click on your invoice and see what the charges were. If you have any further questions regarding this, please reach out to our support team directly so that they can take a closer look at your account. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
So can I have 90 days on advanced?
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
Hello.
I have a question: i m running 3 store. All of them are on trial. Can i pay for one of them before the trial ends?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 102 248

Hey there, @anakin08 

You can choose a plan for any of the stores at any time during your trial. You will not be charged for this until the 90 days are finished. You may need to contact support directly if you want to be charged for this prior to the trial ending. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes