Pay Out Delays??

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I am just wondering why are payouts from Shopify slow? I had orders Wednesday and now im not getting a payout till Monday? Please explain as it is impossible to contact anyone at support via email 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
641 41 93

Hello @discountautosho

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team, hoping to help shed some light. 

Generally, the time it takes to receive a payout can depend on several factors. Payment from the customer's choice of gateway, processing time to your account, processing times based on the bank and any transfer time in between. Your pay period standard time is also location based:

Sometimes, when experiencing longer processing times, you may be able to reach out to your bank directly and see if there is a way to speed up that processing time. Additionally, you can also read more details about Pay Period expectations here. If you can respond with your location and primary gateway, I may be able to offer some more details and insight. Thank you!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Hey,

the gateway was your gateway on the same time zone. So I don't know where
you are getting your info from. The complete order was done ON eastern time
on Wednesday 4/24, I got half the payment on Thursday and now I got to wait
till Monday for the rest?! The order was modified within 45 minutes and the
adjusted payment was paid by the customer within that 45 minutes. Please
explain that to me .

Best Regards,

Darrell Russell - CEO Discount Auto Shop
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
641 41 93

Hi Darrell, 

I'm happy to further clarify.  So, the actual day that a customer places an order in your store is determined by the time the order was placed in conjunction with the UTC time zone, not EST. For example, the funds from orders placed over Friday to Sunday weekend are summarized into one payout. You can view your payout details here: 

This includes the breakdown of payouts as well as the estimated payout date. If you want to schedule payouts at regular intervals, you can do so with these steps: 

Hope that helps clarify! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes