Pricing Threshold Requirements by Shopify

Highlighted
1 0 0

As an honest, hardworking store owner I was shocked to receive an incendiary, aggressive "emergency" email from Shopify saying "We have taken down articles in your store" "price gouging" and "suspend or terminate your account".

I wonder if White Swan are aware that online sellers cannot sell their "three for one" toilet paper.  One roll is the same as three.  I had to remove the product from my store because the price per roll is too expensive.

One thing that any company such as Shopify needs to offer is dependability and reliability.  For me, as a storeowner to know the Shopify police are monitoring my store and I am at risk of suspension or termination takes a huge toll from satisfaction.  

The worst part is I am expected to obey the rules but I do not know what the rules are.  And why not a friendly warning in place of threat to suspend or terminate the store.

Do Shopify publish these mysterious rules somewhere?  Or do I and my staff just have to live under the threat of losing our livelihood on a moment's notice and not have confidence and security in our infrastructure and foundation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2417 122 378

One thing that any company such as Shopify needs to offer is dependability and reliability.

Any platform stays dependable and reliable by ensuring it is not being abused by profiteers.

During a pandemic why would any platform take a chance that could result in the loss of bank support or deny usage of payment gateways.

For Shopify there are a million+  merchants stores and it takes time for them to go 1 by 1.

Legitimate businesses need to have patience and understand that perspective to avoid needless feelings of frustration against something that isn't going to change.

For me, as a storeowner to know the Shopify police are monitoring my store and I am at risk of suspension or termination takes a huge toll from satisfaction.  

This will never change for any business using any system owned by another company.

From a risk management standpoint Shopify is a generalist SaaS platform, you have no SLA with them,  and you do not own the software.

Also always keep in mind a shopify store and your chosen payment gateway are two separate things with their own rules.

The only way any business can ever minimize such risk is to build everything themselves and maintain their own infrastructure.

The worst part is I am expected to obey the rules but I do not know what the rules are

https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms

https://www.shopify.com/legal/rules-of-engagement-covid19

And why not a friendly warning in place of threat to suspend or terminate the store.

Because there are literally millions of stores to enforce policy upon and it's ridiculously easy to make new stores and incredibly hard to make form letters that cover every situation in detail.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes