Response time - Risk Team - Urgent: Product(s) in your store have been unpublished

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 11

Like many of you, I recently had products taken down as I was presumed to be ripping off people with Corona Virus related items. 

Its appears they don't work 24 hours a day which is surprising for a company that offers a platform that is supposed to work 24 hours a day. 

They also requested that I prove to them that I wasn't ripping off my customers by providing them with evidence from MAINSTREAM retailers. I take issue when a Goliath makes a decision to hurt the small players like me! And asks me to do the work that they should have done before removing my products.

In the Subject of the email I received it stated URGENT  however I replied the same day and it took the Risk Team three working days to respond! Is this normal for a company with Billion dollar revenues? 

Have any of you had a similar experience? I feel we all need to rally together, so they take notice because if they are going at act hastily, they need to be contactable! 

The customer service I have been shown is 0 out of 10! 

SHAME ON YOU 

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 8

Hi,

We have just had a Sanitiser taken down off our website, did you manage to resolve your issue? Any advice otherwise.

Thanks

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 11

Hi Mate I am still waiting. DAY FIVE.

Sorry I cant be more helpful! I felt if I start this group someone at head office may show an element of concern.

As you cant make contact with the team you need to and when you do they take in my case 36 hours and counting to reply. 

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 9

I'm in the same boat! Just had a face-mask product removed from my store.

We're selling at the same price as a big-box retailer, plus offering free shipping, plus pledging to donate one-for-one item purchased!

I responded within minutes of the email notifying us that it was unpublished with the evidence requested -- no response!

Has anyone had success in getting the product reinstated? Our customers are asking where they went!

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 9

@AdamDKnight44 did they ever get back to you and resolve the problem?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

I am a new user of shopify just building my store and getting aquainted with the platform and the business. From what you wrote , I concluded that I have to close my store and leave this business. I want to know are there products that are forbidden to sell related with covid19 ? Or the reason was the unjustified price? I appreciate some advice and insight before I put efforts on wrong direction. THank you.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 9

They sent me to this page regarding COVID-19 products:

https://www.shopify.com/legal/rules-of-engagement-covid19

1 Like
Highlighted

I think it is possible that the covid-19 virus is affecting a lot of companies, especially those based in Europe and the United States, which can lead to slow response and bug fixes for you.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 11

Its a good platform however if you want freedom I would get it built by a semi pro on WordPress or Magneto. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 7

We have received the same notification.  They also did not tell us what products they disabled.  After doing some research, Shopify unpublished products that we are selling at the Manufacturers Minimum Advertised Price (MAP).  As such, there is not a single retailer selling the product for any cheaper.  Has anyone actually received a helpful response from Shopify support regarding this email?

3 Likes