Shopify should do more for existing customers.

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5
I have read the discussions on Shopify's response to existing businesses during the pandemic and i am more than underwhelmed. Surely a company as successful as Shopify can do better.
Highlighted
1 0 5
Shopify has been very disappointing to say the least helping out customers who have been loyal to them.
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 11

Friends the Risk Analysis team are all on a power trip!

They are asking me to alter the price of a product I am selling, so its sold for the same or for less or equal to pre-pandemic prices! They tell me that I am "Price Gouging". What these little people with there rules and no life experiences don't understand is that things like KN95 mask cost more than they did before the Pandemic for reasons of demand and transportation!

The Risk Team are also experts in manufacturing! I am making an Australian Made Mask, and they want me to sell it for the same price as one made in the developing world.

If you have any tips on how to speak BOT or what ever form of communication these twits understand please let me know. 

This is open market capitalism gone made. 

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Recently read a feel good PR message from Lutke, and it's a genuine misstep on Shopify executives part not to make the obvious move of providing real partnering support.  Waive license fees for at least April and May.  Guess they're only partners in our profit.

I can understand shipping expenses still being charged, but subscriptions should be suspended as a good faith measure.  Hard to believe someone internally hasn't stepped up to the ethical plate!

@Terradore wrote:
I have read the discussions on Shopify's response to existing businesses during the pandemic and i am more than underwhelmed. Surely a company as successful as Shopify can do better.

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 8

We are also receiving no support we are having all our payments held over the fact they don't want us to sell our sanitisers anymore! Which we have been selling since the start of the year... We are an essential business and cannot have all our sales paused. 

Highlighted
2 0 1

Yes - totally disappoint - even reducing the commission of sales made so we just get that little bit more profit to see us through. It would make sense to have more of us co e out the other side of this pandemic with our businesses still running (through Shopify)

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 3

First they suspended my storefront. I provided one of the requirement to lift the suspension. About 7 days later today, they even locked my admin panel. So I cannot reply to my customers' request with their tracking numbers, shipping/delivery status. I couldn't even submit two chargeback documents to recover my loss. Basically, I cannot do anything at this point but to wait...what? maybe another week from agent name, Jane? This is outrageous. Are Shopify is really with us as they proclaim? I don't think so.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4
In the same situation here, it's beyond appalling how they are treating us, draconian would be an understatement. Store suspended, no access to backend to update tracking numbers etc, I wasn't price gouging and did even get a chance to remove the "Disabled Products"
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5
I put my site on pause but i am going to shut it down altogether and stick to selling on social media. When things get back to normal i will build my own website that is more flexible and i have more control. Very disappointing because shopify started in my town so i supported them when they started up. I feel betrayed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 3

@parky90 Don't give up even in dismay. Send an email to the person in charge of your case with the case number and live chat with a customer support. Say that to them logically and honestly that at least you should have access to admin panel to manage and handle existing orders, chargebacks, to back up business data, and etc. I even said that any eviction notice would give  some grace periods to do that before closing business. During live-chat session, try to escalate the case to upper manager. They will at least try to contact risk team. The following day, they surprisingly lifted both my store front and back. I completely deleted every single item in the category they concerned, though to avoid re-suspension, probably permanent one. Good luck to you!

0 Likes