Suggestion : 50% off monthly fee if no sales in a month

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

I don't mind paying 100% of my fee if I'm making sales, but PLEASE SHOPIFY, can you reduce the price if we're not making any sales?  Help!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
839 97 138

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @RoohBear,

Hank here from Shopify.

Thank you for your feedback which is very important in helping the wider community, and while there is no current reduction in Shopify fees, I will pass this on to our internal team for you.

In terms of your query, I completely understand it’s tough at the moment as businesses all over the world are seeing the pandemic effect. We are trying our best to support our store owners, as we do not yet know what to expect going forward.

We have our live page of the changes we have made to support our merchants here where you can see the current assistance being provided. I will also share some more information that may assist you during these difficult times.

There are some Government Relief Programs for Small Businesses Affected by COVID-19 that may assist you, but also I will share this guide which goes into more detail about some ways to assist your store short term with revenue strategies.

Another option to temporarily assist some stores financially is to pause your store. Doing so will keep your sure online, you can password protect it also, but it removes the checkout feature. This plan costs $14 USD per month and is just another option that is there to help assist you.

Just know, that we will always put our merchants first and we will try to help, together we will assist each other in these uncertain times. More information will be released I'm sure, as we learn more about the effects.

All the best and stay safe, Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 0
Yes please! My trial period expired like 2 weeks before Corona pushed our country into lockdown (all delivery services suspended) so I've essentially paid for a full month and will be getting 0 sales in that time period. It's been two weeks since we went into quarantine and I've had no sales + much less traffic to my online store. I'm from a developing country so most people are struggling to just buy food and a bunch of us have lost our jobs, so even just a few dollars is a pretty big hit.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
15 1 3

are u saying that no delivery whatsoever in lockdown?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I totally agree, or at least a free month or something. I just opened my store before COVID-19 happened and my second month in I haven't made any sales yet so I'm essentially paying fees just to keep my shop open in hopes that someone will buy something so I can cover monthly fees and make some money while I am out of work. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
192 33 59

I totally agree, or at least a free month or something. I just opened my store before COVID-19 happened and my second month in I haven't made any sales yet so I'm essentially paying fees just to keep my shop open in hopes that someone will buy something so I can cover monthly fees and make some money while I am out of work. 

While i agree current times are hard but the lockdowns are initiated by the various Gov'ts in attempt to control the virus.

So to say Shopify has to shoulder the resultant effects on it's merchants on it's own is not quite reasonable.

The Gov'ts have to step in instead.But Shopify having the means can play a role in negotiating a deal with the various Gov't.

0 Likes