Transaction Fess

Highlighted
1 0 0

We want to open an online store in India.

We are already giving Hosting Prices to Shopify, so it is not justified that Shopify will charge 2%.
Our payment gateway will also charge 2%. So total comes out 4%.. In the time of Recession like this it is very tough to share 4% as margins are very less.
No other website builder is charging any sort of transaction fee in any of the plans..
If you can help us out in this then it's fine otherwise we have to shift from Shopify.

Thank You
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Nischal96 ,

Tony from PageFly Team. I'm not sure if you're aware but Shopify offers 90 days free trial for new merchants. We have been with Shopify since 2016 and never seen such huge number of free trials. During that time I think you could build the store and make sales to cover the transaction fee easily.

❤️ Found my answer helpful? Please LIKE or Accept Solutions.
❤️Top 30 Best Shopify Themes Free + Premium: A Complete Review Read More
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2371 120 375

We want to open an online store in India.

If you haven't started your store already to help with covid19 impacts  shopify will give you a 90 day free trial

If you are already on a 14 day trial contact support directly to seek it being an extended 90-day free trial.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/intro-to-shopify/pricing-plans/free-trial

Also look over the resources at https://www.shopify.ie/covid19 ,or finance options such as shopify captial , to improve your business health during this time.

We are already giving Hosting Prices to Shopify, so it is not justified that Shopify will charge 2%.

@Nischal96 It is justified, the store(shopify) and the payment gateway(money collection) are two vastly different things in concept both with thier own industry problems that to stay in business requires income just like your business does, especially during a recession.

And by your description of your business model they will also be two seperate businesses that must integrate for your profit.

Where you manage products,channels,content,etc  costs money to build and offer to you as a platform.

How you collection money in all it's flavors also costs money to build, integrate, and maintain to offer to you as a service.

The integrate part is important as shopify still has to spend resources supporting the payment gateway you have chosen to make money with.

No other website builder is charging any sort of transaction fee in any of the plans..

Shopify is not just a website builder it is a cms, an ecommerce solution for product management,mult-channel selling,marketing,analytics,etc.

Trying to downplay the wide range of features you get while being on shopify will not make payment gateway integrations free to overhead.

Whether you use shopify-payments,paypal, apple pay, etc you will incur transaction fees somewhere or it will be baked into your monthly bills.

Additionally you can lower transaction fees by using different plans ( shopify = 1%, shopify-advanced = 0.5%) .

If you have high enough volume and are using shopify-payments consider paying for a more expensive ShopifyPlus enterprise plan to reduce transaction fees.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes