Tutorial - Build a “Buy Online, Pickup Curbside” store

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
441 22 507

The COVID-19 crisis has resulted in businesses needing to quickly adapt new features and services so they can stay engaged with their customers.

To help support your business and keep you engaged with your customers, Katie Cerar, Senior Product Lead with Shopify Plus created a Google Slides presentation that outlines how to setup a Buy Online and pickup Curbside experience. 

23-15-v3pks-lwffz

Grab some photos of your store, some brand assets, product photos, and descriptions and in as little as 10 minutes, or an hour depending on how much you'd like to customize you could be offering curbside pickup! 

To check out the presentation click here

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
8 0 1

Nice presentation! I would also like to add that Curbside Crowdfunding / pre-orders makes a lot of sense too. Shopify store owners can run crowdfunding campaigns on their Shopify store, and if they hit their goal, a delivery service would pick up the entire order at once and deliver locally to customers, using https://apps.shopify.com/fundlify app. This process means that customers can stay home, it's safer for everyone!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I found the presentation very helpful, thank you for that.  Now does shopify offer any form of scheduling pick up times to the customer.  Is it possible to add this feature either at check out or after the "ready for pick-up" email has been sent.  We'd like to offer say 8 pick up slots per hour, during our normal hours of operation.  Any guidance on this would be appreciated.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Hello Ian!

You may want to check out "Reserve in Store"! You can customize anything that has to do with customer pick up there :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
68 0 17

Hi 

Can you double check your "Reserve in Store" link -- I'm getting a warning "This site can’t provide a secure connection www.reserveinstore.com sent an invalid response."    

Thanks!

Rowby

www.Rowby.com
Specializing in Shopify Solutions including CBD
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 1
Looking into it now! Thanks for the heads up.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey there, is there a way to get the liquid code for whatever specifies an order as being pickup? Right now our customers are ordering for pickup but the packing slips passed on to our shipping service have no notes or markup indicating that it is a pickup order. The customer's shipping address is not blank or our store, it's their address... And so we've ended up shipping a few orders that were meant to be pickup and there is too much confusion especially considering that we are fighting hard to keep up and running at all. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes